Koss KSC 75 ( worlds best valued headphone)
Aug 15, 2009 at 11:23 AM Post #16 of 21
I love them. I have about 10 pairs plus 4 broken pair(will be sent to koss for replacement). I do most of my listening thru these phones

Aug 16, 2009 at 6:52 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by HD555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These are the best headphones i have used. i own hd590's ,hd 555, and sure. also own jvc marshmallow. The ksc 75's i have are kramer moded and also quarter moded. then broken in with music and pink noise. best 15 bucs i have ever spend in my life. I listen to flac files now and on my fuze. and to have the pordable quality with the flac and these headphones in astonishing. I highly recommend buying these today. they surpass any headphone i have listened to. well hd555 is better with movies and tv.

anyone else have this experince with the ksc75

and are there any neww mods for the ksc 75

Perhaps you should change your user name now to KSC75.
wink.gif

Aug 20, 2009 at 1:29 PM Post #18 of 21
I was reading about those KSC-75 in Koss official website. The specs are the very same from PortaPro. Frequency Response (15Hz-25KHz), impedance (60 ohms), sensitivity (101dB/mW), and distortion (below <0.2%).

I was wondering if they use the very same drivers as the PortaPro. If this is true, it means there's no big differences between them, except for the headband. What would explain the price gap? The KSC-75 cost $19,99 while PortaPro is sold by $49.99, both prices from the official site.

Am I missing something? As far as I understand, I could pay a lot less for those KSC-75 and still have a performance very similar to the Portas, right? Anyone, please enlighten me.

Aug 21, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #19 of 21
I've owned 5 pairs (two are backups now), all from RadioShack. I'm always impressed every time I listen to them. They are perfect for a quiet office. You can still hear everything around you so no one can sneak up on you.

They aren't perfect by any means but none of the flaws really take away from the music enjoyment. The highs are sparkley, the lows are not that deep. The mids are recessed but lovely and the bass hits solid. Drums sound great on these. I love them!

Aug 21, 2009 at 5:21 AM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by mateusbatera /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was reading about those KSC-75 in Koss official website. The specs are the very same from PortaPro. Frequency Response (15Hz-25KHz), impedance (60 ohms), sensitivity (101dB/mW), and distortion (below <0.2%).

I was wondering if they use the very same drivers as the PortaPro. If this is true, it means there's no big differences between them, except for the headband. What would explain the price gap? The KSC-75 cost $19,99 while PortaPro is sold by $49.99, both prices from the official site.

Am I missing something? As far as I understand, I could pay a lot less for those KSC-75 and still have a performance very similar to the Portas, right? Anyone, please enlighten me.

The driver is the same, but the ksc has the titanium coated driver which most people here agree gives it a bit more brightness. Also, the portapro still uses the flat drivers a la ksc35 except with a blue instead of a black back housing. they sound similar but the portapro drivers have less pronounced highs and they can are also much better suited for transplants into closed applications. Also, the portapro headband is that, a headband. i found that the ksc75 clips always came off to easily and didn't get quite the secure fit that i get or the durability for everyday throwing around use like my portas. I actually found my ksc75s the other day. i recabled them with spc and also kramer, quarter, and added foam discs under the foam to make the earcushions more bowl-like. i never did terminate it though... i should put a plug on it...

Aug 21, 2009 at 3:40 PM Post #21 of 21
I'm asking this because I'm planning on buying a good pair of phones to listen to music on-the-go. It would be better if I could use them while jogging, so I guess it is recommended to buy waterproof phones and also they must provide a good fit in my head. Is the SportaPro a good choice?

I'm waiting suggestions for phones costing at most $50.00.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back