Koss KSC-75 vs. Sennheiser HD 555
Jul 16, 2005 at 5:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

EvilDwarf

100+ Head-Fier
Hallo zusammen!

Mal eine Neulingsfrage: Wie genau unterscheidet sich das Klangbild dieser Kopfhörer? Bin neugierig, weil ich von Billigkopfhörer kürzlich auf KSC-75 upgegradet hab und mich danach schon auf halbem Weg im "Soundhimmel" wähne
tongue.gif
Zum Geburtstag erwartet mich jetzt ein HD 555 als Geschenk von meiner Freudin (gut instruiert!). Auf jeden Fall wird sich wohl die Soundstage erweitern oder? Und das sonstige Klangbild?

Sorry! My mistake. Sometimes I don't realize any more if I'm reading an english forum or a german one. But this of course is the most renowned english forum and I'm supposed to write in english. So this translates as follows:

Hello guys!

I have a newbie-question: How exactly do these two headphones differ in sound quality? I recently upgraded from total crap cans to the KSC-75 and now think that I'm halfway in "heaven". Now I'll be getting the HD 555 as a birthday present from my girlfriend (which has been well instructed, I hope
smily_headphones1.gif
). Now I'm curious how marked the difference will be. Of course the soundstage will be broader but what about other aspects?

Jul 16, 2005 at 5:43 PM Post #2 of 5
Ummm... I speak english, but if you compare those 2 models.... I love HD555s.

EDIT
Before you edited, I went to babelfish and tried to translate, here it is:

Hello together! Times a beginner question: Does the klangbild of
this headphones differ how exactly? Are curious, because I from
cheap headphone recently on KSC-75 upgegradet and thereafter
already on half way in the "sound sky" waehne expects me to the
birthday me now a hp 555 as gift of my being pleased DIN (well
instructs!). In any case one will probably extend the sound days
or? And the other klangbild?

See how I was confused?

Jul 16, 2005 at 6:18 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader
Ummm... I speak english, but if you compare those 2 models.... I love HD555s.

EDIT
Before you edited, I went to babelfish and tried to translate, here it is:

Hello together! Times a beginner question: Does the klangbild of
this headphones differ how exactly? Are curious, because I from
cheap headphone recently on KSC-75 upgegradet and thereafter
already on half way in the "sound sky" waehne expects me to the
birthday me now a hp 555 as gift of my being pleased DIN (well
instructs!). In any case one will probably extend the sound days
or? And the other klangbild?

See how I was confused?

LOL
biggrin.gif
. This makes no sense at all. Reminds me of the last time I tried to translate a japanese site. But hey - japanese is only in beta status yet.

Jul 16, 2005 at 9:09 PM Post #4 of 5
If it helps any, I have both the Koss KSC50 (KSC75's predecessor, the one with the fit issues) and the old Sennheiser HD590 (which admittedly has a somewhat different sonic signature compared to 555/595), and comparing the two, improvements include better soundstaging (of course), less boomy bass, smoother mids, better treble quality and more detailed sound overall. Not to mention comfort - I used to get hot ears after listening to the KSC50s for much longer than an hour, while I can wear my trusty HD590s for hours on end (HD555s supposedly aren't quite as comfy but still plenty comfy enough for most people).

Jul 16, 2005 at 11:50 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks for the info. Regarding comfort you might be right. After bending the KSC75 about 1000 times I have got them into a location where they sound right. However they pinch my ears *ouch*.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back