koss ksc 75 vs. 35?
Dec 7, 2006 at 4:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

sphynx_000

New Head-Fier
I hear the 75 is a little more comfortable due to the metal clips. But the 35's are maybe a little better sounding...?

any input? especially comparing the type of sound from each?

Dec 7, 2006 at 4:13 AM Post #2 of 18
ksc35's are really hard to find.

ksc75's are easy to find.

ksc35's have fixed plastic clips.

ksc75's have bendable rubber-coated, metal clips.

ksc35's have a bit more detail.

ksc75's have a smoother/bassier sound (depending on fit).

IMO, the difference in sound is VERY minimal and due mostly to fit.

Dec 7, 2006 at 5:16 AM Post #5 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravitas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMO, the 35's have warmer, bassier sound...not the 75s.

Agreed!!!
75 has a bright sound (too bright IMO) so sometimes my ear ache a bit. The brightness is due to titanium coating on 75.

For me 35 has more detail & bassier due to tighter fit.

Dec 7, 2006 at 7:32 AM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by J_C_Denton1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agreed!!!
75 has a bright sound (too bright IMO) so sometimes my ear ache a bit. The brightness is due to titanium coating on 75.

For me 35 has more detail & bassier due to tighter fit.

cant people just change their eq settings?

Dec 7, 2006 at 6:42 PM Post #10 of 18
I've got both, I prefer the 35's, lighter and less coloured sound.

Dec 7, 2006 at 9:20 PM Post #11 of 18
I'm listening to both right now, and the 35 is definitely warmer, smoother and bassier than the 75. I would even go as far as saying the 35 is more detailed. The 75 sounds very etched to me, with a sort of sharpness surrounding the notes that sometimes fools you into thinking more detail is there when it isn't. And the 35 seem a little mushy until you acclimatize to their sound signature, then you realize there's a lot of detail there, presented in a more laidback and natural sounding way.

Dec 7, 2006 at 11:22 PM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by bubsdaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know it's strange considering the 75 clips are adjustable and the 35's aren't, but I find the 35's more comfortable.

x2. The 35 clip is made for my ears. I also agree that the 35 has more bass than the 75, probably due to the fit and proximity to the ears. Overall, the 35 is a better and better LOOKING pair.

Dec 8, 2006 at 1:28 AM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceconvoy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm listening to both right now, and the 35 is definitely warmer, smoother and bassier than the 75. I would even go as far as saying the 35 is more detailed. The 75 sounds very etched to me, with a sort of sharpness surrounding the notes that sometimes fools you into thinking more detail is there when it isn't. And the 35 seem a little mushy until you acclimatize to their sound signature, then you realize there's a lot of detail there, presented in a more laidback and natural sounding way.

Dito

To my ears the KSC35 is the best performer of the 2. I use both on a regular bases. If you like a smoother, full sounding can, than look to the KSC35. If you want brighter more agressive sound then it's the KSC75. The difference is subtle but definatley there.

Dec 8, 2006 at 6:52 PM Post #15 of 18
I find the 75s MUCH easier to get on and off and more comfortable. The 75 clips are "looser", which makes them easier to get on. If you bend them to fit tighter, the sound changes, which may explain the differences in sound. Although I really like the 35s, the 75s are the ones I use most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back