Koss KSC-75 $11.99
Mar 25, 2006 at 4:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

trevor1189

100+ Head-Fier
Koss Ksc-75's are on sale right now from amazon.com for $11.99. I think I am going to get a pair. I checked the other day at radio shack and they were $24.99 so I think this is a good deal.

Mar 25, 2006 at 4:10 PM Post #2 of 30
Not eligible for free shipping, but a great deal nonetheless!

Mar 25, 2006 at 4:23 PM Post #4 of 30
The way it's coming up for me: $11.99 refers to the price from amazon.com affiliate eek technology while $12.99 is the price directly from amazon. The $12.99 one is eligible for free shipping since it's from amazon, as opposed to the $11.99 from a store associated with amazon.

Mar 25, 2006 at 4:23 PM Post #5 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by dpippel
Amazon's "individual" pricing is kicking in - they show up as $12.99 for me and ARE eligible for free shipping.

Can you explain how "individual" pricing works? How do you get free shipping? I tried getting the ones from Amazon instead of the eek Store, and it shows as $12.99, but it still charges $5.58 for shipping

Mar 25, 2006 at 4:32 PM Post #6 of 30
Free shipping if you order something from Amazon worth over $25. So if you bought two KSC-75s, you'd get free shipping.

Mar 25, 2006 at 4:36 PM Post #7 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by MajinWu
Can you explain how "individual" pricing works? How do you get free shipping? I tried getting the ones from Amazon instead of the eek Store, and it shows as $12.99, but it still charges $5.58 for shipping

Amazon tracks each user's buying habits. browsing habits, etc. and adjusts prices accordingly. No two people can be guaranteed to get the same price for the same item.

Mar 25, 2006 at 4:41 PM Post #8 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oddball
The way it's coming up for me: $11.99 refers to the price from amazon.com affiliate eek technology while $12.99 is the price directly from amazon. The $12.99 one is eligible for free shipping since it's from amazon, as opposed to the $11.99 from a store associated with amazon.

Well, well, well. I just brought up the KSC75 page again and gee, there's the eek Technology price of $11.99. That was NOT shown to me the first time I searched for the headphone. The only other "stores" shown to me were Full Compass Systems and NYC Electronics, both of which are charging more than Amazon's price of $12.99.
rolleyes.gif

Mar 25, 2006 at 5:21 PM Post #9 of 30
Read the fine print. You are correct that the selection from Amazon qualifies for Super-Saver shipping (no charge). However, you must purchase a total order over $25 to qualify.

As for the Eek source, if you check them directly, they charge $5.59 for shipping. I don't know if that follows through if they are purchased Eek-Amazon, but it's something to consider.

Another option is Circuit City web-order-store-pickup. I believe if you order from the web, and select delivery to a store near you for pickup, you don't pay shipping. They had it for $18.39 a couple of weeks ago, and have other sales all the time.

Wherever you purchase them, they're worth it.

Mar 25, 2006 at 9:32 PM Post #11 of 30
Quote:

Amazon tracks each user's buying habits. browsing habits, etc. and adjusts prices accordingly. No two people can be guaranteed to get the same price for the same item.

I got caught like this! I was for some reason frequently viewing the page of a music cd I wanted to buy, and after a while the price jumped from $14.99 to $17.99! I still bought it, since that price was waaay below what the crazy (brick & mortar) music stores wanted.

Mar 25, 2006 at 9:45 PM Post #13 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by YamiTenshi
Try clearing your cookies and cache.

Doesn't matter if you're placing an order, because you have to go through a user account to do so.

Mar 25, 2006 at 9:49 PM Post #14 of 30
Quote:

Doesn't matter if you're placing an order, because you have to go through a user account to do so.

You can put everything into your cart before signing in and then afterwards the price should remain the same. If not I send them an email/phone call and ask why after I signed in the price suddenly jumped up a few dollars.

Mar 25, 2006 at 9:57 PM Post #15 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by YamiTenshi
You can put everything into your cart before signing in and then afterwards the price should remain the same. If not I send them an email/phone call and ask why after I signed in the price suddenly jumped up a few dollars.

You're assuming that not being logged in while you shop will give you a *lower* price. Besides 99% of Amazon's customers have no idea that they do this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back