koss ksc 55 headband broken. how do i fix it?
Feb 3, 2005 at 6:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

frankcent

100+ Head-Fier
I just received my ksc 55 yesterday. I found the headphones to be very uncomfortable due to the pressure the headband caused. so, I was trying to make it loose by bending it. then, accidentally, it was broken. (I even didnt have 5 mins to enjoy them.
frown.gif
)I have applied some mixed glue I found in my dad's tool box but it only helped the headband stay stationary. When I tried to wear it, the joint cracked immediately. I also opened the headphones. it was easy. I think with a spare working ksc 55 headband, I can fix the problem myself. but i dont have. I have thought about put the drivers in other generic brand headphones but I dont have the soldering tools I need in order to do that. so, the easiest way I can think of its either replacing the headband or fix it.

any help and comments will be appreciated.

Feb 3, 2005 at 7:03 PM Post #2 of 9
Try plastic epoxy, I use that stuff on all kinds of plastic repairs in my RC cars. It wont look pretty but It just might hold.

Garrett

Feb 3, 2005 at 7:19 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Try plastic epoxy, I use that stuff on all kinds of plastic repairs in my RC cars. It wont look pretty but It just might hold.

Garrett

the crack is somewhere between the middle of the band and the right headphone and that is the place to be bent when I wear them. if its right in the middle, epoxy would work I suppose. I will try to buy some plastic epoxy

thanks for your suggestion.

EDITED: it was regular epoxy I used.

Feb 3, 2005 at 7:31 PM Post #4 of 9
If you want to convert them to earclips I have some brand new KSC50 earclip housings I never used. I bought them and removed the drivers for another project.

paypal me $3 for shipping and I'll send them to you. PM me with your mail address and I'll get them out to you this weekend.
**edit**

IM not sure if the KSC55 driver housing is EXACTLY identical to the KSC50 though. If you like I can post pics of the 50 housing and you can make the call, if they'll snap in.

Garrett

Feb 3, 2005 at 7:33 PM Post #5 of 9
koss has a lifetime warranty... why don't you see if they'll replace it?

Feb 3, 2005 at 8:16 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
If you want to convert them to earclips I have some brand new KSC50 earclip housings I never used. I bought them and removed the drivers for another project.

paypal me $3 for shipping and I'll send them to you. PM me with your mail address and I'll get them out to you this weekend.
**edit**

IM not sure if the KSC55 driver housing is EXACTLY identical to the KSC50 though. If you like I can post pics of the 50 housing and you can make the call, if they'll snap in.

Garrett

thanks for your offer. but the wire goes behind the neck with the headband. so these would not fit. however, fortunately, I have fixed it using a piece of iron and some plastic tape. it looks really bad. my dad was trying to "help" me and burned the joint so it was totally messed up so that even plastic epoxy wouldnt fix it. anyway, I am really enjoying these little things. they sound really good compared to Sony 74SL and they are more fun than e3s. I think i will probably spend more time with them than e3s.

Feb 3, 2005 at 8:35 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax
koss has a lifetime warranty... why don't you see if they'll replace it?

That woulda been my suggestion... maybe they'll send you some 75s instead?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back