Koss KSC 50's
Jan 20, 2002 at 1:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ai0tron

Banned
Yeah I bought em, I bought the Koss Plugs too. I thought the plugs were better sounding actually, I am going to give the well known koss plug mod a shot. The KSC 50's sound decent, they stay on my ears just fine, they FEEL kind of unstable but even when shaking my head they stay firmly attached. I could run all over the place with these things securely attached to my ears. You people that have them falling off your head you aren't putting them on right or you have very small ears. I think that the average person is going to find them fitting well. I dig the KSC 50's overall, they don't have as much bass as I thought they would and they have recessed mids but are pretty balanced or 20 bucks. Maybe they need to break in a bit. The Plugs are nice sounding but very hard to secure in my ears. I am wondering if there is some kind of replacement foamy I could use as an alternate to the included foamies which are impossible to secure in my ear. Soundwise they are pretty good, preferred over the KSC 50's.

Compared to the HD600's they are both weak with poorly defined mids and unmusical bass. Additionally the treble can screech a bit. But for 20 bucks I think it's worth it. They are better than the V700 DJ's and those other sony headphones... the V6 IMO. I'm starting to like this sound for the money thing although I already have HD600's which cannot be toppled by these lowly headphones. So why buy them? I don't know, it's kind of fun.

Jan 28, 2002 at 7:06 PM Post #2 of 4
I'm sorry you haven't gotten any replies to this topic. Please rephrase your posting in the form of a poll.
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 28, 2002 at 7:24 PM Post #3 of 4
the usual Plug mod (as given on Headwize, maybe it's here somewhere too!) is to take Flens brand earpugs and melt a hole thru em. The flens plugs are then mounted on the driver post and used instead of the Koss standard ones. The Flens plugs should fill your ear canal nicely. Unless you have a really big ear canal of course...

Also some uses reported good results from using the Ety ER4 plugs instead, but the ear plug mod is cheaper and you get that warm cheery did it myself feeling! Good luck; my Plugs sounded a lot better after I did all the mods.

Jan 28, 2002 at 7:30 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally posted by ai0tron
You people that have them falling off your head you aren't putting them on right or you have very small ears.

Or you just happen to have ears that fit them well...

Quote:

I think that the average person is going to find them fitting well.

Considering that the most common complaint about the 50s is the fit, I'm not sure that's accurate.

Quote:

they don't have as much bass as I thought they would

Due to their enclosure/fit they have the least bass of the entire Porta/Sporta/35/50/55 line.

Quote:

I'm starting to like this sound for the money thing although I already have HD600's which cannot be toppled by these lowly headphones. So why buy them? I don't know, it's kind of fun.

You answered your own question
smily_headphones1.gif
Sound for the money!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back