Koss KSC-50 bendable clips
Jan 30, 2003 at 10:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Vertigo-1

Señor Sony
Just thought I'd toss this out there for any KSC-50 owners that didn't know about this, like me.
rolleyes.gif
Apparently the rubber sections of the earclips are fully bendable and moldable. Adjusting this increases their comfort level greatly for me, whereas before they clipped too tightly on my ears. In fact they're literally full open 'phones on me right now, where the 'phones aren't actually touching my ears at all. This is a "feature" that ain't on the KSC-35s, which have solid plastic earclips (which is what I assumed the KSC-50's clips were, just with a rubber coating). Your mileage may vary of course of how useful this is depending on what you use the 'phones for, they're just cheap computer monitoring 'phones for me.

Jan 30, 2003 at 1:49 PM Post #2 of 4
To me, this is one of the things that makes the 50 a better phone than the 35, the ability to adjust the sound. The 35 has WAY too much bass for me, whereas by adjusting the fit of the 50, that can be controlled. A word of caution though. Be careful when bending that clip, I've had two of them break; there is only a thin wire inside of the clip, about the diameter and strength of a paper clip.

Jan 30, 2003 at 3:48 PM Post #3 of 4
The earclip on the KSC50s is made up of two pieces, unlike the 35s which is all one piece. Putting too much pressure at the point where the two pieces fit together can cause them to break apart.

Jan 30, 2003 at 7:18 PM Post #4 of 4
and i dont think having the gap between ear and pad willl look good on anyone. ive stayed away from using it now, becuase my hair is shorter now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back