Koss ksc-35
Dec 4, 2001 at 3:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

melancholypunk

100+ Head-Fier
Ok I went to the all purpose electronics store around here and they only had the sony streetstyle, which i stayed away from, and another koss, the ones that can either go above your head or around your head, I'm not sure what model those are.

I would prefer to buy headphones locally (returned easier for problems, no shipping, dont have to wait weeks for it in the mail)

so should I go with those koss ones, or should I order the 35's online?

If you strongly think I should get them online please give me a link where to get them, I'm in canada so it has to ship here, which is always a problem when shopping online, thanks.

Dec 4, 2001 at 4:05 AM Post #2 of 23
i personally don't have the 35's or the sportapros (i think thats what your talking about), but i think i have a bit of info. The 35s supposably have more balanced sound, with a good long term comfort level for most ppl, and it also fits snuggly but not too tight.

The sportapros have a little bit more bass i believe. I think ppl say that sometimes it can be excessive. I remember someone once posted comfort level of the kosses in decending order with most comfortable first (i think its in the following order):

portapro
sportapro

I don't know any good online sites that are in canada, or ship to canada either, but i would really like to know.
smily_headphones1.gif

btw: look at the *exercise headphones* topic.....

Dec 4, 2001 at 4:10 AM Post #3 of 23
Your right, I've gotten advice here before and I didn't take it and I kept winding up with lousy headphones.

So I'm gonna go with the majority and get the 35's, I'm gonna do some online browsing and if i find anywhere that will ship to canada ill give you a link.

Dec 4, 2001 at 4:18 AM Post #4 of 23
it doesn't bother me too much if a company ships to canada or not....what eats at me is that there are sometimes those *secret* customs taxes and charges that you don't know about until like 2 months after your order gets to your house......scary.....the government is watching your headphone purchases.....
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 4, 2001 at 4:27 AM Post #6 of 23
Quote:

I remember someone once posted comfort level of the kosses in decending order with most comfortable first (i think its in the following order):

portapro
sportapro

It's more like:

PortaPro
SportaPro or 55

The Porta, Sporta, and 55 all clamp pretty hard, but at least the Porta have some good cushioning
wink.gif

Dec 4, 2001 at 6:05 PM Post #8 of 23
No, as I wrote, its:

PortaPro
SportaPro or 55

(IMO, of course)

The 35 and 50 are the closest together in terms of design, so they sound the most similar. The 50 have a bit less bass because they fit quite loosely.

The PortaPros are next. They are just a tad boomy because they fit more tightly than the 35.

The Sportas and 55 are actually bass-heavy because they fit like a vise against your ears
wink.gif

Dec 4, 2001 at 9:41 PM Post #10 of 23
You think the 50 are comfortable?? Theyre ok for a little bit but any sort of extended wearing (I usually just leave em on all day during school except for when someone else asks to listen to my music) causes the plastic part that sits on your ear (right above the rubber) to dig in and it starts to kill! I hope the 35 dont do this (im talkin like 4 - 6 hours of almost non stop wearage). If they do I might have to get the porta pros because this pincing feeling sucks.

Dec 4, 2001 at 11:21 PM Post #11 of 23
You could try Radio Shack. I think you guys have them in Canada, and you can get the equivalent of the KSC-35 & SportaPro there. You can avoid shipping delays and taxes.

They also sell the Plugs, but who would want to buy them?
wink.gif

Dec 5, 2001 at 12:00 AM Post #12 of 23
we do haver radioshacks in canada....at least 5 around where i live.....but they are SOOO small compared to american radioshacks and have a tiny headphone selection mostly comprising of optimus models.....i have never seen the 35's at the 2 radioshacks i frequent....

Dec 5, 2001 at 12:14 AM Post #13 of 23
Well, the Optimus line is actually the Koss line! You can check out by yourself; their headphones have "Koss" engraved on their 1/8 plugs.

I don't recall exactly which Optimus is the Sportapro, but I am sure if you look at the box you'll recognize it (and I own the "Optimus" Sportapro
smily_headphones1.gif
. Anyway, I am sure someone will tell us which is the correct model.

Dec 5, 2001 at 12:33 AM Post #14 of 23
fjhuerta, the "Optimus" Sporta Pro is the PRO-45. The "Optimus" KTX-Pro is the PRO-35. And the cheaper of the two "Extreme" oversized closed headphones is the "RadioShack" UR-20. (BTW, the higher-priced version is basically the "RadioShack" UR-30 with the addition of an inline volume control.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back