Koss KSC-35 vs. Koss KSC-50
Jul 28, 2002 at 11:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

MagicBoy14

New Head-Fier
Hi, I was looking for a very portable (something that could fit in a pocket), and the Koss KSC-35/50 caught my eye. I know the common consensus is that the KSC-35 have better sound...but the KSC-50 are only $16 ($15 + $1 tax at Circuit City), while the KSC-35 are $37 ($30 + $7 shipping at Headroom)! I was wondering if the KSC-35 were worth the $21 extra, and if the KSC-50 still had quality sound? Thanks for your time.

Jul 29, 2002 at 7:45 AM Post #5 of 20
***cough cough, the 50s are still cheaper....***

wink.gif

Jul 29, 2002 at 10:03 PM Post #6 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by a1leyez0nm3
***cough cough, the 50s are still cheaper....***

wink.gif

***cough cough, but they still don't sound as good....***

wink.gif

Jul 30, 2002 at 7:13 PM Post #9 of 20
**cough cough...i just got paid so im going to buy koss 35's from martin and will be selling my koss 50's cough cough**

wooo....im sick
very_evil_smiley.gif

Wanna know what my job is? I get boxes full of phonebooks brought to my house. They have 5 wrong phone numbers in each. So they give me stickers with the correct numbers to put in the books. Thats my job. I get paid a measly 20 cents canadian per book. At the pace i put the stickers on, i get paid about $3 per hour canadian. Note: thats about one third of BC's official minimum wage.
mad.gif

Jul 31, 2002 at 12:40 AM Post #11 of 20
You can only apply 15 stickers per hour?
confused.gif

Jul 31, 2002 at 1:51 AM Post #13 of 20
As I understand it, don't the 35 & 50 use the same driver in different "enclosures"? I happen to own 50's and have a/b compared them with 35's using decent PCDP's. Both are very nice in their style & price class. I do not perceive much difference IF the drivers can be properly adjusted to your ears. Play around with positioning any clip-on style cans and you'll heard great sound differences with changes in positioning of the drivers in relation to your ear canals. The 35's wire arrangement is more adjustable. The 50's either fit you well or forget it- (the only adjustment is bending the piece which wraps behind the ear). The 50's fit me fine and I have no great urge to buy 35's as replacements. I honestly don't think there is much to choose between these cans IF the 50's happen to fit your ears. (Of course, I am ignoring the dorky silver ears look of those 50's in this analysis).

Jon

Jul 31, 2002 at 2:41 AM Post #14 of 20
Quote:

You can only apply 15 stickers per hour?

Hey it takes a lot longer than it sounds. First you have to find the right page, then you have to cut the sticker out with an xacto knife, then you have to place the sticker correctly on the page WITHOUT IT BEING CROOKED...it is very important that it is not crooked, so it takes a while to place a sticker correctly...

Quote:

quit then.

i would, but this job is ACTUALLY GIVING ME MONEY. Seriously i cant get a job elsewhere. No one wants me. (and i refuse to work at fast food restaurants
biggrin.gif
).

anyway, anyone want to buy my koss 50's?

Jul 31, 2002 at 5:38 AM Post #15 of 20
Yesterday, i recommended a lady the ksc50s. she was holding two koss. those weak sounding koss earbuds (not that plug one) and ksc50. i quickly went over to her and told her she should get the 50s.

Hope she likes the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back