Koss KSC-35 back at Koss.com
Feb 23, 2006 at 10:39 PM Post #32 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n
Ok,thats great for all the 35 lovers out there....but at $29.95??? Ill stick with KSC75's which can be found for $13-24.95.

The KSC-35s come out to cost the same (bought from Koss.com and with shipping costs,) as the KSC75s in store cost after taxes and all. Unless you are purchasing from amazon.com or buy.com with free shipping.
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n
I dont think the 35's went for $29 when they used to carry them before.

Yes they did! LINKY

Seriously, Purchase BOTH KSC35 and KSC75s and see the differences for yourself. Don't discount one over the other without listening to (or owning) both.

In the end they are both great headphones for their price, performance, and with full lifetime no questions asked warranty you cannot go wrong.

The price for both KSC35 and 75 would still BE LESS than the Sennheiser PX series, and what other headphones cost.
eek.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
rolleyes.gif

Thanks.
biggrin.gif

Feb 24, 2006 at 1:36 AM Post #34 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT
I am almost ashamed to wear the ksc75 in public. They are that ugly.

They are that ugly.
icon10.gif

Jul 11, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #35 of 45
Hello, wow sorry if I am not supposed to revive an old thread like this, but way back so many years ago from 2001 timeframe I bought the Koss KSC-35's and they turned out to be the finest sounding clip-on ear phones you could buy.  I later bought the newer cheaper cost KSC-75's too (two pairs because they wer so cheap).  I can vouch and confirm that they might at first sound similar but you would soon notice with time and experience that the KSC-35 are the better sounding earphones.  Back then I wanted to buy another set of KSC-35's but Koss in all their wisdom had discontinued them and were no longer available. (that's why I wound up buying the similar styled KSC-75's).  I regretted that I could not get another KSC-35 back then and was disappointed that KOSS had replaced them with the newer KSC-75's.
Well, I revived this thread in case anyone is still interested in the KSC-35... because I see that KOSS has them for sale again on their website! Only thing is that it is listed at $44.99 plus shipping on top of that.  I just ordered one and the total cost for it came out to $53.49. 

I just hope that it is the real deal and is like the very original KSC-35 that I still own and use.  the ony thing with these KOSS earphones is that the foam ear pieces have begun to disintegrate and one has completely fallen off.  But they sell replacement foam ear piece covers for about $4.95 on Amazon.com.  I ordered a set of new foam ear covers and hope to have my original KSC-35 back in tip top shape once again.  My new 2nd one I just ordered hopefully will arrive within this week and I can compare it with my original one.

I wonder when KOSS decided to revive this KSC-35 earphone again.  Anyone have the history?

Jul 11, 2011 at 6:32 PM Post #36 of 45
I think it was a year or two ago, please keep us informed if they are IDENTICAL to the ones you previously owned, I'm interested in them....

Jul 11, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #38 of 45

Quote:
I think it was a year or two ago, please keep us informed if they are IDENTICAL to the ones you previously owned, I'm interested in them....

Oh, I just noticed that this thread's title probably answers my question of when they re-released it~! duh~!  I guess back in 2006 they did.  Wow, I only just now in 2011 was browsing around for new earphones and visited the Koss site and saw it.  I only stumbled upon the middle of this thread doing a google search on KSC-35 just for the fun of it and discovered it.  So I did not even notice the beginning of this thread and title.  Anyway, yeah the price on this KSC-35 is more expensive than I remember buying my original one back around the 2001 time frame.  But if it still sounds as good as the original that I have, I would be more than pleased to get another set.  I had splurged on a Klipsch Image S4 in-ear phones just last week and not really thrilled with the muted highs and much exagerated mid bass on the S4.  So I went looking for the KSC-35 and am happy I found it for sale again.

Jul 11, 2011 at 10:39 PM Post #39 of 45
They've had then on-again, off-again for as long as I've owned them (all 3 - KSC35, KSC75 and PortPros).  The KSC35 seems to cycle the most, in and out of stock.  No idea why, except that Koss probably understands they can gross more on the sale of the PortaPro, which is the same driver as the KSC35.  But I totally agree, this is an amazing little set of drivers that both punch WAAAAAY above their weight-class.  I have several of both, and I agree - the KSC35/PortaPro driver is the superior one.

Quote:
Hello, wow sorry if I am not supposed to revive an old thread like this, but way back so many years ago from 2001 timeframe I bought the Koss KSC-35's and they turned out to be the finest sounding clip-on ear phones you could buy.  I later bought the newer cheaper cost KSC-75's too (two pairs because they wer so cheap).  I can vouch and confirm that they might at first sound similar but you would soon notice with time and experience that the KSC-35 are the better sounding earphones.  Back then I wanted to buy another set of KSC-35's but Koss in all their wisdom had discontinued them and were no longer available. (that's why I wound up buying the similar styled KSC-75's).  I regretted that I could not get another KSC-35 back then and was disappointed that KOSS had replaced them with the newer KSC-75's.
Well, I revived this thread in case anyone is still interested in the KSC-35... because I see that KOSS has them for sale again on their website! Only thing is that it is listed at $44.99 plus shipping on top of that.  I just ordered one and the total cost for it came out to $53.49. 

I just hope that it is the real deal and is like the very original KSC-35 that I still own and use.  the ony thing with these KOSS earphones is that the foam ear pieces have begun to disintegrate and one has completely fallen off.  But they sell replacement foam ear piece covers for about $4.95 on Amazon.com.  I ordered a set of new foam ear covers and hope to have my original KSC-35 back in tip top shape once again.  My new 2nd one I just ordered hopefully will arrive within this week and I can compare it with my original one.

I wonder when KOSS decided to revive this KSC-35 earphone again.  Anyone have the history?

Jul 11, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #40 of 45
They're more "tinny" yes - and the drivers on the 75's have much more tendency to fail....noisily.  I've had three sets of 75's go out with a loud, annoying "fizzle" sound.  Never had a set of KSC35's or PortaPros so much as burp on me.

Quote:
I agree that the 35's sound better.  The 75's have more treble which some people like, but they're also kind of tinny. 

Jul 11, 2011 at 11:31 PM Post #41 of 45
I had also just ordered a set of the Koss PortaPro headphones from amazon.com and they cost cheaper than the KSC-35's! I am scratching my head on why.  I just hope the PortaPro's I am getting are not fake knock-off's that I now also read about!  Can't wait to find out.  There is a third party seller selling the KSC-35 on amazon.com also for more than the Koss site sells them for! Odd.  I ordered my new KSC-35 directly from Koss to ensure I don't get a fake knock-off.

Quote:
They've had then on-again, off-again for as long as I've owned them (all 3 - KSC35, KSC75 and PortPros).  The KSC35 seems to cycle the most, in and out of stock.  No idea why, except that Koss probably understands they can gross more on the sale of the PortaPro, which is the same driver as the KSC35.  But I totally agree, this is an amazing little set of drivers that both punch WAAAAAY above their weight-class.  I have several of both, and I agree - the KSC35/PortaPro driver is the superior one.

Jul 11, 2011 at 11:46 PM Post #42 of 45
The PortaPros (honestly my 2nd favorite headphones after the CD2000's) usually run $30-$40

Jul 12, 2011 at 5:13 PM Post #43 of 45
I received my Koss PortaPro headphones today from Amazon.com.  They are the real deal and not fake. Hooray!
I have been listening to them on my ipod touch 4G and they do sound fantastic.  I cannot believe these only cost me $35.xx.
They compare favorably to my high end headphones.  Compared to my original KSC35 clip on phones, they do have more bass impact due to the headband puts pressure to hold them closer to your ears forming a better acoustic coupling.  The original KSC-35 I have do seem to present more twinkle in the upper highs.  But overall the sound signature is very similar.  These new PortaPros have a very smooth presentation across the entire frequency spectrum.  I rate them a best buy for sure.  Looks like my new KSC-35 ordered from Koss site won't be here this week... they take a while to ship (72 hrs) and so I don't think it will reach me this week.  BTW, I liked the PortaPro sound straight out of the box and could tell it is a very decent headphone, so I just ordered a 2nd set from Amazon.com (they lowered the price since yesterday by about $1.00) !  These cannot be beat for this price point IMO.

Jul 13, 2011 at 9:17 PM Post #44 of 45
I got my replacement foam ear pads for my old KSC-35 ear phones today and installed them.  Good as new, pads seem the same as originals.  That made me happy.
I compared the old original KSC-35 with my newer generation PortaPro and the KSC-35 is a bit brighter sounding than the PortaPro.  The highs are more prominent in the KSC-35.
I am only using these phones for ipod use so they serve well for that purpose.  I think I prefer the PortaPro for Ipod touch 4G listening since the music is all mainly compressed converted MP3 to Apple AAC and also I listen to the Internet music streaming services content like from Shoutcast, Pandora, TuneIn Radio stations etc., which of course are all probably highly compressed streams anyway and might have a slight edge on them in the highs.  So the PortaPro rolls the highs off to even out the sound.  The KSC-35 lets the highs through and can sound harsher. 
Just as an added note, I dug out my old Grado SR-80 and SR125 headphones and compared them for a brief cut or two and the Grados present more treble emphasis than these Koss PortaPro and a wee bit more than the KSC-35.  The bass on the Grado cans are also tighter sounding and not as wooly loose as the Koss PortaPro's bass.  Nevertheless, these little cheap Koss earphones sound remarkably close to those more expensive Grado's!  These Koss little earphones serve perfectly for the portable use that I need them for and give excellent full well balanced sound.

My newer version of KSC-35 that I had just ordered direct from Koss is just sent out today and they said it will take 5-7 days to deliver via USPS.  They won't give me a tracking number though! I didn't like that for the price I paid for shipping. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back