Koss KEB24
Jul 31, 2007 at 10:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Ninjax

Head-Fier
Well these look like the perfect pair for me, as I am looking for a cheap in-ear pair of headphones. And it has a life time warranty, seeing as I've broken all my other earphones, if these break I can just get it replaced!

But I want to know if it's worth £15, I want to know about the sound quality.

Jul 31, 2007 at 1:10 PM Post #2 of 11
no, please refrain yourself from buying these, these headphones are so muddy sounding and there are absolutely no highs, it's quite uncumfortable listen to it. May I suggest the JVC Marshmallows, or the Creative EP-630, both under $35 american, i have no idea what that converts into, but they are definitely better choices.

Jul 31, 2007 at 4:23 PM Post #5 of 11
+1 for the creatives, the marshmellows are harsh and are NOT nice to listen to, add the non existant isolation to the mix, and you have the perfect ear ruiner,

the koss, well, they wont kill your ear, but they wont play with decent quality either,

Jul 31, 2007 at 4:26 PM Post #6 of 11
Thanks guys!
I'm going to go for the JVC Marshmallow, they look awesome, and from what you guys are telling me it's much better than Koss. JVC also has a 1 year warranty, nice.

Jul 31, 2007 at 4:32 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
+1 for the creatives, the marshmellows are harsh and are NOT nice to listen to, add the non existant isolation to the mix, and you have the perfect ear ruiner,

the koss, well, they wont kill your ear, but they wont play with decent quality either,

I don't know what to think. Is the Marshmallow not good?

Jul 31, 2007 at 4:41 PM Post #8 of 11
the marshmallows require some modding to sound decently,
you can search the forums, but theres no fix for the isolation as they are designed for these foam/putty hybrid tips,

and i find the sound quite harsh, scraping actually, i used them with CX300 tips and my brother used them with the original tips, we both arrived at the conclusion that they sounded quite bad, but i actually could NOT stand the sound of them, they made this scraping sound that hurt my ear,

maybe its something i have in my earing, but i really dont like then and find them ofencive to listen to,

Jul 31, 2007 at 5:22 PM Post #10 of 11
also the marshmallows lose their shape from the foam easily, and they don't fit everyone easily, for me i usually can't get foam buds to work easily...check these out, this is american site but i'm sure you can find them where you live... http://www.amazon.com/CREATIVE-LABS-...5902508&sr=8-2

Aug 30, 2007 at 9:34 AM Post #11 of 11
Got these earphones today after I was disappointed with lack of bass with Etymotic ER-6i. Although the mids and highs are not as clear as the ETy's, these have got to be the BEST $25 I have spent on earphones! They are comfy, provide very good isolation and have tighter bass than any other canalphone I have tried in the sub $50 category!!!

If you don't want to spend too much, then these are pefect! I got the green ones and they look bloody awesome too!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back