Koss Hilarity.
Aug 8, 2006 at 11:49 PM Post #16 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
Ordered them on Thursday, late in the day. I have no idea how they got here so fast by standard USPS.

I find USPS rather fast. Their standard is just ask fast as their global priority mail.

Aug 9, 2006 at 12:08 AM Post #17 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by drizek
from the reviews ive read that the 75s were just the 35s with better highs and less muddy.

I found the KSC75 to be much more muddy than the 35. The 75 is comfier though.

The 35 has the best synergy with the DS Lite of any headphone I've ever heard, and I've plugged everything short of an Orpheus into it.

Aug 9, 2006 at 12:31 AM Post #18 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by feh1325
its like the opposite of sennheiser's shipping

That's not the only weird Sennheiser thing. A couple of weeks ago, my HD580 cable developed a contact problem on the left side. So I searched on here and found a few posts saying exactly that and some recommended HD650 cables. Now I don't know/heard enough (any other cable as a matter of fact) to have an opinion on them having an impact on sound. So I called them up to get them replaced. They told me to send the cable and a copy of the receipt (I got them in December 2005) alongwith with a note that I wanted an HD650 cable. Since these are cheaper than stock HD580 cable, they'd said it wont be a problem to ship it and alongwith a 1/4th to 1/8th inch connector, the total comes to only about a couple of dollars more thn the stock HD580 cable.

I shipped them and about a couple of days after the online tracking said it was delivered and no contact from Sennheiser, I called em up again asking for the status. The lady said that they had no record of my package and that although the headphones are warrantied for 24 months, the cables and headbands are warrantied only for 6 months so I would have to pay for the cable. I said fine and paid for the HD650 cables and the connector.

On Friday I got the HD650 cable and the connector and yesterday evening, to my surprise I got an HD580 cable too. Now I am totally bemused. Should I feel irritated/angry that I had to pay for the cable (not to mention the shipping costs to ship the original cable to Sennheiser. I could have paid for the cable before itself without sending the cable back and thus saving a week) or be happy I got two cables for the price of one?
confused.gif
plainface.gif

Aug 9, 2006 at 12:47 AM Post #19 of 29
Sorting out that garbage with Sennheiser would take months. I say keep the cable. They're obscenely disorganized for such a huge company.

Aug 9, 2006 at 1:38 AM Post #21 of 29
KSC75: The perfect compliment to any headphone.

KSCW5000.jpg

KSCHP1.jpg

KSCK1000.jpg

Aug 9, 2006 at 4:40 AM Post #22 of 29
Quote:

I've had KSC75s, and I really didn't like them. They were all bass, muddy midrange and no highs.

Hmm, not sure I've ever heard anyone say the 75's don't have any highs. Quite the contrary, in fact. Most (including myself) seem to think 75's have more treble extension than the 35's, even to the point of being bright. I've had both the 35's and 75's for quite a while and couldn't possible pick a favorite. The 35's are definitely more refined sounding and have a richer overall tone. But the 75's are brighter and more fun. It's almost like the Grado/Sennheiser debate, with the 75's being more in your face (ala Grado) and the 35's being more laid-back (ala Sennheiser but w/o the veil).

Aug 9, 2006 at 4:43 AM Post #23 of 29
Hmm. Well, that's really just what I heard. *shrug*

Aug 9, 2006 at 4:54 AM Post #24 of 29
Quote:

Well they were having the sale, it was late at night, a beer was involved...

Pretty wonderous little things though. I've had KSC75s, and I really didn't like them. They were all bass, muddy midrange and no highs. The KSC35 is infinitely better, and really comes much closer to the SR60. I'm using them directly out of my iPod today and the only problem with them is the ergonomics. I might try to snap on my KSC75 earclips tonight, if they fit.

Run them with both the KSC75 clips and thick foam...it is the only way to roll with the 35!

KSC.jpg

Aug 9, 2006 at 4:58 AM Post #25 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain
Run them with both the KSC75 clips and thick foam...it is the only way to roll with the 35!

Hmm, if KSC35s are laid back, wouldn't the thick foamies make it more so?

Aug 9, 2006 at 5:00 AM Post #26 of 29
Quote:

Sorting out that garbage with Sennheiser would take months. I say keep the cable. They're obscenely disorganized for such a huge company.

I wasn't gonna return them anyway. I just thought it to be very stupid of the CSA to tell me that cables are warrantied for 6 months only to have them ship it to me a couple fo days after. Also, I specifically asked for HD650 cables in my note and they sent me a HD580 cable. THat doesn't make sense!

Aug 9, 2006 at 5:19 AM Post #27 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain

KSC.jpg

Huh, you know, I got a totally different bag with my KSC35s. It's a fake leathery plastic kind of vinyl... nobody would ever mistake it for leather, but it's got a nice feel to it.

Aug 9, 2006 at 9:06 AM Post #28 of 29
Quote:

Ordered them on Thursday, late in the day. I have no idea how they got here so fast by standard USPS.

Because the USPS kicks ass, that's why. I ordered some more comply tips from earphonesolutions, and while they said it would take three to five days, they arrived in two! My first order of comply tips was the same.

Aug 9, 2006 at 9:26 AM Post #29 of 29
I usually have really good luck with UPS (not USPS), so when I ordered my KSC35's I went with them. And, as a result, I got a "your package has shipped" e-mail before recieving it. That's probably all I got out of the extra $3 spent on shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back