Koss headphones on sale at Radio Shack
Feb 11, 2008 at 2:18 AM Post #2 of 14
thanks for the info
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 11, 2008 at 2:22 AM Post #3 of 14
Thanks for the heads up...Gah! why do they have to have in-line volume control. Oh well can recable.

Feb 11, 2008 at 3:09 PM Post #6 of 14
At that price, I want to see what the fuss is all about re the KSC75....but are they comfortable to wear if one also wears glasses? Seems to me the clips would interfere with the earpieces on my frames.

Feb 11, 2008 at 3:58 PM Post #7 of 14
I didn't have a problem with comfort, and I wear glasses, though I bought a $5 Walmart radio because I wanted to put a real headband on them instead.

Feb 11, 2008 at 4:32 PM Post #9 of 14
Hmm... I've been to the local radio shack ("The Source" now, I guess) a few times looking for KSC75s (need to replace the earclips on my recabled pair!) and they haven't had them in stock. Mostly lots of Marshmallows and low-end Sony stuff, and recently I noticed they carried Vibes... but no Koss lovin'!

I might go by there again if this thread is any indication. I'd rather walk down the street than wait for The Internets to ship a pair...

Feb 11, 2008 at 8:19 PM Post #10 of 14
A couple of years ago, I bought a pair of KSC-75s at radio shack for $10 + tax. $15 is pretty much the everyday price at Amazon - not really a huge savings. But you do get instant gratification - not having to wait for Amazon delivery.

I like having the in-line volume control. I can't tell any real difference in normal use between the one with and without the volume control (maybe I'm going deaf in my old age).

The KSC-75s are VERY comfortable - the most comfortable phones I've had. Much more comfortable to me than IEMs, or bigger phones like Grado or even the Senn HD-580 (which are like giant ear slippers, but are bothersome after wearing for an hour or so). I wish they would go back to $10 because I'd like to buy a couple of backups. Great phones.

Feb 11, 2008 at 9:25 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoundGoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just leave the volume on them turned all the way up and control the volume from your amp
smily_headphones1.gif

LOL I don't really have a problem with the in-line control, just bah on another thing to check when using them.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 11, 2008 at 9:52 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by strangemusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm... I've been to the local radio shack ("The Source" now, I guess) a few times looking for KSC75s (need to replace the earclips on my recabled pair!) and they haven't had them in stock. Mostly lots of Marshmallows and low-end Sony stuff, and recently I noticed they carried Vibes... but no Koss lovin'!

I might go by there again if this thread is any indication. I'd rather walk down the street than wait for The Internets to ship a pair...

No Canadian ratshack ever seems to carry KSC75's. I got mine from the UofT bookstore for $20+tax.

Feb 11, 2008 at 11:21 PM Post #13 of 14
Don't overlook the 35T (Pro35A) on sale. I bought a pair last time they were at this price. They are my favorite koss cans above the sportas, and 75s.

I have been meaning to post about a basshead friendly mod I did to the pro35A. I will definitely be picking up a spare pair now that they are on sale again.

Feb 12, 2008 at 9:13 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by strangemusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you don't want to bother walking, their web site allows you to check local stores for stock.....although, that system has been known to be wrong, especially on "hot" items.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back