Koss EQ50 - has anyone used this?
Jan 15, 2002 at 8:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Superbaldguy

1000+ Head-Fier
This little device would seem to be a nice addition for those of us who don't like the EQ settings on our PCDP's and MD units. Anyone have any experiences with it?

Jan 16, 2002 at 8:53 AM Post #2 of 5
Chu Moy has posted a design for a pocket EQ on headwize.com. He says in the article: "Koss Corporation makes an inexpensive, small 3-band equalizer for headphones that runs off 2-AAA batteries. Some portable stereos have built-in equalizers. These options may not be satisfactory for the serious listener, since they are not designed with audiophile concerns in mind."

Here's the link.

cajunchrist

Jan 16, 2002 at 12:41 PM Post #3 of 5
Superbaldguy, from what I've read the Koss EQ-50 is crappy. The EQ-50 suffers from the very same faults as its predecessor, the EQ-30: a high noise floor and very little headroom (you barely boost any of the three bands, and then - WHAM! - clipping and other horrible kinds of distortion set in).

Jan 16, 2002 at 12:49 PM Post #4 of 5
I think if I spend any money on Koss products, it will be for a pair of portable phones, as that has always been their strong point.

Jan 16, 2002 at 1:08 PM Post #5 of 5
That's right (what I said about the EQ-50): Compared to the EQ-30, Koss had updated only the shell, not the actual electronics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back