Koss CDP-3100 PCDP... any thought?
Dec 7, 2006 at 8:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Bas82

New Head-Fier
Recently my old PCDP decided to die on me... well, the ESP protection doesn't work anymore and any cd is skipping a lot while walking. I suspect somethins else is wrong, because before, even without the ESP activated, it didn't skip as much as it does now. Thanks to the advice give in <a href="http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=212328">this</a> thread, I decided to go out and look for a good PCDP.

I've narrowed my options to a few oldies, Aiwa XP-33 and Panasonic S330 for the moment, at the expense of the capability of playing MP3 cds (it's just that not all of my music needs to be reproduced in standard audio format... Bach cello suites executed by Paul Tortelier deserve, as long as the Jazz in Paris collection... but electronic music doesn't really need this).

Recently, I came across this Koss PCDP, the CDP-3100. I've searched in the forum and couldn't find an opinion about this one. I really disliked the new/last generation of PCDPs, as they all killed the sound quality in trade of some walk advantages (100 second ESP, etc... I'd be fine with 10 or even a well damped optical unit I think...).

I don't know if this product from Koss matches the quality of their headphones, or is just another last generation PCDP with the Koss brand...

Any thought will be helpful! I really don't know which way to go (oldie or not).

Thanks in advance,
Sebastian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back