koss 60 ohm + volume control
Mar 13, 2006 at 8:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

timcwoo

Head-Fier
Im just wondering... how to volume controls work? I remember people saying that adding a 75 ohm resister or something will increase the sound quality... does a volume control put more resistance in the curcuit? I am wondering this because I just bought one of those radioshcack ktx pros with the annoying volume control and i am wondering whether i should remove it, keep it on and try to make a smaller casing for it.. or put those 75 ohm resisters in place...

Mar 13, 2006 at 4:12 PM Post #2 of 4
I have the KTX Pro1. It (vol adjustment) doesn't really change the sound any. Its just a linear (slider) pot. Sliding it to MAX is the same as a piece of wire.

I spliced mine out of the cable completely, it just got in the way. I dont know if it has the same effect as an impedence adapter, it wasn't on there long enough for me to do any detailed comparisons.

Mar 14, 2006 at 3:45 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by timcwoo
hmm... When i opened it up it says B500(ohms) on the side. but it doesnt rally seem to do anythign to the sound either so i guess ill splice it out too.

Couldn't hurt much to just leave it inline, turned up all the way (that's what I'm doing with mine). It's clearly a sucky volume control, but if you don't use it there should be little/no interference with the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back