Korn Vs Deftones - express yourself freely about
Jun 9, 2006 at 1:02 AM Post #16 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by asmox
Wrong band.

Hahah. You knew what band it really was.
tongue.gif

Jun 9, 2006 at 4:34 AM Post #18 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless
I saw them live once for free at some Labbatt sponsored thing, more flash and pyro than entertaining music...but having said that, the last time I saw Defones (April 2006) they were not that good either...I think Chino was smashed, and they didn't play as long as the first time I saw them during their own tour (April's show was part of Taste of Chaos)...

I saw them (Deftones) a few years ago in Dallas and it was the same thing - Chino was the problem. He mumbled his way through lyrics several times and could barely stand. Sucks because the rest of the band was tight. Having said that, there is no comparison between Deftones and Korn. Deftones without a doubt.

Jun 9, 2006 at 4:55 AM Post #19 of 35
The first time I saw them they were awesome, and I would say that Chino was the main reason...seems like all or nothing with him I guess. Prior to the first time I saw them I had heard that they were not very good live, and after the show I wondered why anyone would think that...but after the second show, I guess it was a fair assessment. Its a crapshoot I guess.

One thing I can say, off stage Chino is a cool guy. The band hung out at a local bar here after the show, and because my friend works at the bar some friends and I were able to get into the back room and hang out...

Jun 9, 2006 at 4:56 AM Post #20 of 35
I actually have Issues and Untouchables from Korn, and when I was a freshman in college, I liked most of the songs on the albums, especially Untouchables. At the time, I mostly listened to Ozzy (still do), Godsmack, White/Rob Zombie, and Disturbed. I was not into the stuff I listen to now until a year later. At the time, I liked it, as I did not know much else. Now I have realised that I like long, complex songs with evolving themes and musicians with the intent on writing memorable music and not a four minute song for radio play. I do not hate Korn, as I still listen to a few of their songs occasionally, but now that I know there is so much better out there, they do not interest me much. I also got sick of all of Jonathan Davis' problems.. BIG TIME.

For the record, I do not think I have heard a single Deftones song, so I cannot comment on them.

Jun 9, 2006 at 12:54 PM Post #22 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08
For the record, I do not think I have heard a single Deftones song, so I cannot comment on them.

Do yourself a favour and pick up White Pony, I'd say it's one of the better rock albums of the last 10 years...

Jun 9, 2006 at 10:40 PM Post #26 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by boodi
[size=medium]thread crap alarm [/size]

From my POV thread has stayed on topic quite well. Few joke comments doesnt immidietly count as spam crap.

Jun 10, 2006 at 12:06 AM Post #27 of 35
Funny, I finally bought Around the Fur the other day -- after YEARS of wanting it -- and DAMN does it kick a little ass. I really can't believe I helf off so long.
(At the same time, I can't belive I paid 12.99 for it when a week earlier I could've bought it for 9.99 when CC had that sale, but whatever, that's how things work out for me.
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif
)

Jun 10, 2006 at 3:10 AM Post #28 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa
From my POV thread has stayed on topic quite well. Few joke comments doesnt immidietly count as spam crap.

from my point of view you didn't get some sarcasm / irony that was in my post

strange

Users who are viewing this thread

Back