Koda Kumi, anybody?
Oct 29, 2005 at 8:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

kin0kin

Headphoneus Supremus
Just wondering how many people here are Koda Kumi fans?
biggrin.gif
Man I really love her music, and her dance is just so cool. In case you don't know her, she's a freaking famous Jap R&B singer, most of her discs are singles, and I belive she only has a single cd so far. Some cute pix:

3c86cf3a.jpg

8e414aeb.jpg

Oct 30, 2005 at 8:20 AM Post #2 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by kin0kin
most of her discs are singles, and I belive she only has a single cd so far.

That is very unique!

I must confess I've only heard her through:
Koda Kumi & BoA - The Meaning of Peace (remixed)
Koda Kumi - Real Emotion (PV)

I really dig her voice. I like a good, deeper female vocal. Nothing high-pitched and screechy please
tongue.gif

kin0kin, are most of her songs really dance-y? I wouldn't mind at all.

-shan

Oct 30, 2005 at 7:29 PM Post #3 of 10
nope, not all her songs are dance. If you watch her latest live concert dvd, you could get it at you-know-where, she has lots of slow songs as well. But her main theme is R&B. I've gotta get the DVD...the jap version looks really nice...

She is also the singer for FFX-2's OST and main theme....guess you already know that since you've heard Real Emotion
biggrin.gif

her voice is not the best I'd say, but I definitely prefer her voice over Christina Aguilera's
biggrin.gif
and actually....Christina is her Idol
eek.gif

Cool thing about her is that...she can sing live!(no out of tone at all) She has the stamina, and she barely sweat after dancing around for an hour non stop. Britney Spears would have ran out of breath in 20 mins (or less).

Oct 30, 2005 at 7:35 PM Post #4 of 10
Yeah, i've been a koda kumi fan for a while, i confess as much for her looks as for her singing. Her ballads and pop songs are very annoying, but she has some nice stuff and some good r'n'b tracks, like Trust You, or Cutey Honey, those go down well.

And yeah, she CAN dance!
k1000smile.gif

Oct 30, 2005 at 8:10 PM Post #5 of 10
I love the song "take back", the same song she was singing in the screen shots. The funny thing about her is.....she sings better in LIVE!
eek.gif
Usually most singer around her age couldn't perorm half as good as in the recordings, but she is one of those few who could....very fascinating.

Oct 31, 2005 at 5:51 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by kin0kin
I'll rip a small part out later and post it up. I hope that's not against any copyrights.....

Probably is.

[size=xx-small]But do it anyway.[/size]

Dec 12, 2006 at 5:23 AM Post #10 of 10
i'm more into her sex appeal than her actual music haha.
her sexiness isn't all that though. i'd rather go for a ai otsuka or hitomi shimatani instead.

she doesn't have the best voice in japan by any means. my vote would easily go to either yoshika (of m-flo collaboration fame), yuki from bennie k, yoshika from soulhead or lisa (of pre 2002 m-flo fame).

speaking of other japanese artists, i really love bird's voice. she lacks a vocal range but her voice syncs so well with her music. also, the same goes for mari mizuno from japanese jazz trio paris match. her voice is sooo nice.

anyways back to koda kumi, i guess all i really like from her is how soulhead got more recognition after collaborating with her on that ddd/xxx track. soulhead talent wise with their harmonies outshine koda kumi for days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back