knife-fi?
Apr 15, 2012 at 7:01 AM Post #1,216 of 2,248

Quote:
My latest knife purchase:

Tighe Tiny Breaker, so far I like this knife. Well crafted and fits well in my hands.

That could be one of the most beautiful handles I've ever seen.  Seems like just the type of knife I'd want to be my main carrying knife.  I'm not happy with my Tenacious or the Gerber at all, if I can sell both of my knives, I'll pick that up for sure.  Reminds me a lot of something out of Lord of the Rings, something Aragorn would carry.

Apr 15, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #1,217 of 2,248
Does anyone here have a benchmade nim cub? Thinking about getting one. Seems like a good blade

Apr 16, 2012 at 2:05 AM Post #1,218 of 2,248

Quote:
Thanks! Went off to get me one but saw they go for $300+. Might consider the Boker Albatross (I already own the Boker Plus but it's a bit too tiny) as a more budget-friendly alternative. What do you guys think? Any other options with a form factor resembling the Nano but a more affordable price? 

What about this one?  Benchmade, M390 steel, locks up like a bank vault, inspires confidence.

Apr 16, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #1,220 of 2,248

Quote:
Does anyone here have a benchmade nim cub? Thinking about getting one. Seems like a good blade

Love it. Great knife. Can't go wrong with it other than it looks a bit menacing which doesn't bother me and I don't care what other people think of my knives :)

Can't go wrong with BRKT either though. Right now I think they represent the best bang for buck option for a really nice fixie with old school charm. Quality of materials is through the roof too.
http://www.bladehq.com/cat--Bark-River-Fixed--328

Quote:
What about this one?  Benchmade, M390 steel, locks up like a bank vault, inspires confidence.

I've always adored that knife and I think you're super cool for owning one. They're just so different and honestly they're built tougher than most of the Benchmade lineup these days. The price ain't bad either I always wonder how they pulled off a bolstered Ti framelock with that chunk of M390 in the middle for the price they're asking for, but then I learned to stop asking questions haha

Apr 16, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #1,221 of 2,248
Got in a flamed Chris Reeves Umnumzaan and a 3" XM-18 today.

Apr 20, 2012 at 11:59 PM Post #1,223 of 2,248
Some new acquisitions lately along with the new Benchmade 62 balisong that came out which isn't here yet

Apr 23, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #1,224 of 2,248
Got some new ones in the mail today.

Awesome T.A. Davidson Custom Slipjoint that is probably as close to jewel-like as I have experienced in knives so far.  So well built and perfect fit and finish.

Then I received a necker I bought from a new builder and he sent me the necker plus a great utility for being his first customer/

Apr 25, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #1,225 of 2,248
A Chris Reeve Cocobolo Mnandi today.

and a pic with its cousin.

Apr 26, 2012 at 4:00 AM Post #1,226 of 2,248
Post some of your favourite unique-looking folder designs! :)

Cold Steel Espada, although it's more a folding sword instead of a folding knife. :D 

Best suited for little, 12 year old latino boys in MK shirts. 

[image removed]

And a unique cheapie that I own and love, the Sanrenmu B787

May 1, 2012 at 8:20 AM Post #1,227 of 2,248
Hehe If collecting knifes is manly then having a trade in knives must make you Alpha-male ;3

I a Cullinary Art's student... I work with Sharp Knives on a daily basis :3

Once though I can actually afford some decent knives e.e like the one pictured I'll be back with some better pics! Till then I've only got a dull crummy Chinese made set :/

German Steel ftw gents... Chinese knives are dangerously dull -.-

May 1, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #1,228 of 2,248

Quote:
Hehe If collecting knifes is manly then having a trade in knives must make you Alpha-male ;3

Once though I can actually afford some decent knives e.e like the one pictured I'll be back with some better pics! Till then I've only got a dull crummy Chinese made set :/

I have that very knife, not really a fan to tell you the truth. 

May 1, 2012 at 8:55 PM Post #1,229 of 2,248
LCD-2 pimping ftw

May 8, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #1,230 of 2,248
Quote:

I would have expected you to be craving a set of Misono....tThat's what I'll be replacing my Tridents with as required.  Nice choice on culinary school.  It's a very noble profession.

As for pocket knives, I have a Spyderco Paramilitary 2 that I quite like.  

I am need of a sharpener...does anyone have experience with the Spyderco sharp maker?  Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back