knife-fi?
Feb 7, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #1,171 of 2,248
My Model 42. It is really nice, but I have been contemplating the idea of selling it. My issue with it is that it spends 100% of its time in the closet. It just seems to nice to use. 

Man i wish i had a balisong... :frowning2: But its illegal to even own one up here in Canada, so i dont think i will get my hands on one any time soon.

But anyway heres a picture of my small knife collection.

The Top two knifes are the SOG Trident and the CRKT N.E.C.K. The Botton two knifes are the Spyderco Centofante 4 and the SOG Flash I.

I mostly use the SOG Trident and the CRKT N.E.C.K. as my main EDCs

Feb 8, 2012 at 11:14 PM Post #1,172 of 2,248

Quote:
Here's a later revision of my hunting pack. For remote areas I rarely go without at least a poncho liner and/or space blanket etc etc etc. I've been stuck overnight before, and its not fun when unprepared. 

https://kifaru.net/xray.html#

i am thinking about picking this pack up.  right now i have an E&E as my EDC pack.  Great choice in gear!

Feb 16, 2012 at 3:22 AM Post #1,174 of 2,248
Less into knives these days, though I would like to pick up a nice kitchen knife. I have a spyderco salt 1, para 1, and p'kal. I do miss some of the ones I've sold off. I'm really jonesing to own a protech godfather again. I'd also like to get a decent scandi grind fixed blade with full tang, a blade under 3" and decently long grip in the future. So far the only thing I've seen is the Koster Woodlore. 3v is a bit high carbon though.

Feb 16, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #1,175 of 2,248

Quote:
The Xray had great compartmentalization including the space for a camelbak. It packs weight really well.

I've been looking at picking up an E&E. How have you found the unpadded shoulder straps for use over tee shirt?  

given the size of the E&E i don't really stuff it so the unpadded straps don't really bother me

Feb 17, 2012 at 5:38 AM Post #1,177 of 2,248

Quote:
A quick and dirty of the JD forum knife

EH You're from JD?

I'm Chris_Himself haha and I have over 1k posts there in less than a year (some sort of personal record for me)

I'm mainly in the balisong section though

Feb 17, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #1,178 of 2,248
Anybody interested in the upcoming Benchmade Model 62 balisong knife?

Looks like a great old school style balisong, all steel construction, zen pins.

I am interested in checking one out.

Feb 19, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #1,180 of 2,248
Authentic Hand Forged Katana made for hard targets.  Sliced through my 4 inch thick bamboo Bo staffs like a hot knife through butter.  Hand sharpened by yours truly.  I may sell it off, not sure though.  I really enjoyed playing with it and want something a little more customized for me.   

Feb 28, 2012 at 2:15 AM Post #1,181 of 2,248

Quote:
Authentic Hand Forged Katana made for hard targets.  Sliced through my 4 inch thick bamboo Bo staffs like a hot knife through butter.  Hand sharpened by yours truly.  I may sell it off, not sure though.  I really enjoyed playing with it and want something a little more customized for me.   

Be very careful, especially if you don't have any training. I've seen far too many people who self-train or play with swords that end up hurting themselves *very* seriously. I'd recommend finding a teacher if you're interested. I started about 8 years ago, and I've enjoyed every minute of it!

Though, hell, I don't know, you could be a practitioner. If so, carry on! Nothing wrong with training with a sharp sword (an iaito will never give a proper feeling of weight and intensity when compared to a live blade when practicing), in fact, its what I use when practicing techniques.

Feb 28, 2012 at 6:29 AM Post #1,182 of 2,248

29 Knives Carbon Fiber Scimitar

I wear my Grados as tribute to Head-Fi in my vids sometimes haha

Feb 28, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #1,183 of 2,248

Quote:
Be very careful, especially if you don't have any training. I've seen far too many people who self-train or play with swords that end up hurting themselves *very* seriously. I'd recommend finding a teacher if you're interested. I started about 8 years ago, and I've enjoyed every minute of it!

Though, hell, I don't know, you could be a practitioner. If so, carry on! Nothing wrong with training with a sharp sword (an iaito will never give a proper feeling of weight and intensity when compared to a live blade when practicing), in fact, its what I use when practicing techniques.

I've just recently stopped my training, been taking Aikido for nearly 15 years so :)  Good times.  I've recently found that I enjoy the Ninjitsu style sword much more than the Katana, due mostly because its so light and fast.  My ad ends tomorrow, I hope it sells.  I have a few interested parties and watchers so heres to good luck in a sale!

Feb 29, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #1,184 of 2,248

Quote:

29 Knives Carbon Fiber Scimitar

I wear my Grados as tribute to Head-Fi in my vids sometimes haha

I saw this on another forum that you visit and I have to say its a very nice looking bali. I like the way balis look but I have yet to get a desire to get one and try flipping.

I recently got a Zero Tolerance 0350 and so far so good. It would be my first very nice folder. Not sure if it is considered a "high end" in the knife community but its a good one. I have been tempted to get a strider just to see what the fuss is all about. The new ZT 0561 is really tempting me also.

Feb 29, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #1,185 of 2,248
My daily beater:

Hinderer XM-18 3.5 flipper.

I got bored a few weeks ago and tried my hand at making a scale from NON knife making tools. Made from 1/8'' copper plate:

My buddy has wanted a Benchmade griptillian so I just picked up this for him. Have not even gotten a chance to give it to him yet:

And one I just got rid of. It was just too pretty to use and I dont like things that sit in my safe...

Snody knives texas tanto. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back