knife-fi?
Oct 3, 2011 at 4:25 AM Post #991 of 2,248
I have no doubt that the mini Barrage will take great care of you

Oct 11, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #994 of 2,248
oh man. i watched a show on the crime and punishment channel. over and over they pointed out "he murdered her with a kershaw knife". some advertisement for kershaw. i do not even know if it is ok to mention this here. if it is not i apologize. i do not know why they had to say the brand once, let alone multiple times. like the brand a criminal uses matters in that context.

Oct 12, 2011 at 1:04 AM Post #995 of 2,248

Quote:
oh man. i watched a show on the crime and punishment channel. over and over they pointed out "he murdered her with a kershaw knife". some advertisement for kershaw. i do not even know if it is ok to mention this here. if it is not i apologize. i do not know why they had to say the brand once, let alone multiple times. like the brand a criminal uses matters in that context.

What a shame, Kershaw makes some of the least threatening knives I know of...

On a positive note, I mailed my 42 out to Matt Cook for a surprise anodization job on the handles (I'm not picking colors, it'll be a surprise to me), phosphor bronze washers (tightens up the knife), blade polish and some other surprise goodies. I just paypalled the guy 100 bucks and just told him to have at it...

Last time somebody did that, they got one of these back (Dorian from Jerzeedevil)

I haven't even mailed the thing out and I'm about to pee myself from the excitement, the stonewashed blade sends chills since thats what I love on Striders and Emersons

Oct 12, 2011 at 4:49 AM Post #997 of 2,248

Quote:

What a shame, Kershaw makes some of the least threatening knives I know of...

On a positive note, I mailed my 42 out to Matt Cook for a surprise anodization job on the handles (I'm not picking colors, it'll be a surprise to me), phosphor bronze washers (tightens up the knife), blade polish and some other surprise goodies. I just paypalled the guy 100 bucks and just told him to have at it...
<snip>

Are you going to use it ???

Oct 12, 2011 at 5:21 AM Post #998 of 2,248

Quote:
Are you going to use it ???

When it comes back? It's only a 42... the 47 above is not mine. Of course I'm gonna use it! 

The thing about balisongs is that they already blemish themselves just from opening/closing them, the latch alone scratches the Ti and itself, the very side of the blades rub. Balisongs are loose until you come to full lockup, then they're rock solid... mine won't be though and it'll have custom tolerances after the washers are put in. So theres no way around it, even if I buy a 29 Knives custom, I'd still flip it, drop it, chuck it across the room from messing up chaplins... they're fun knives for fun people haha. The whole "deadly weapon" vibe is completely undeserved, they have next to ZERO traction especially if theres sweat, blood, and guts on 'em.

They're a gentleman's knife if anything.

The anodization is just another layer of protection, I wonder if he's gonna give me a funky color like purple or something, the thing with anodizations is that no matter what color you choose, it always looks sick! 

I would LOVE like a "Tron" theme since I love the album so much... we'll see. I wonder if he'll do the spring latch too?

Oct 13, 2011 at 1:03 AM Post #1,000 of 2,248
Stop showing off BM's!

Verry nice looking blade Chris

I found myself a new knife.
Best. Kitchen. Knife. Ever.
Its been around quite a while but couldnt resist.

Oct 13, 2011 at 1:13 PM Post #1,001 of 2,248

[size=medium]
all awesome choices

Quote:
I carry my Hinderer XM-18 3.5" with a titanium scale with a Burger EXK1 every day. I have a CRK Professional Soldier that I haven't been carrying much lately.

[/size]

BUT WHY DOESNT IT SLICE THROUGH THE CUTTING BOARD?????

Quote:
Stop showing off BM's!

Verry nice looking blade Chris

I found myself a new knife.
Best. Kitchen. Knife. Ever.
Its been around quite a while but couldnt resist.

Oct 13, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #1,002 of 2,248
I finally ordered a Kershaw RAM and it should be in the mailbox waiting for me when I get home! I've already had a 1st production 1/500 RAM but didn't want to use it so I finally got one I won't worry using. Kershaw will unfortunately be discontinuing the RAM after this year so get them while they're hot!

Oct 14, 2011 at 3:33 AM Post #1,003 of 2,248
I ended up with the Benchmade mini Barrage as my assisted-open folder, and got it from REI with a 20% off coupon for members, so $96 instead of $120.  It's just right for me, and about the same size as the mini-griptillion.  The assist lock to prevent accidental opening is a lot better designed/made than the one on my Gerbers.

I'll shoot some photos later, but I'm busy getting ready for RMAF now.

Oct 14, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #1,004 of 2,248
Cool thread.  I carry a Spyderco Paramilitary 2 and camp with a RAT Cutlery RC4 (now called an ESEE-4...same knife, different name). Both are phenomenal knives and I can't say enough good things about either one.

Also, if you guys haven't checked it out, http://www.kniferating.com is a pretty solid venue for reviews and research. The site is a little dated looking, but lots of good info.

Cheers!

Oct 17, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #1,005 of 2,248

Just picked up this Benchmade 51-1101. Not too big of a fan of the Green G-10 and Gold Ti (I actually prefer the Black G-10 and Blue Ti), but s30v is stainless and d2 isn't. So HA. Looks much better in person though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back