knife-fi?
Jun 1, 2011 at 2:11 AM Post #796 of 2,248

Quote:
Beautiful!

I have a soft spot for William Henry because they're based in McMinnville, Oregon. I graduated from Linfield College in the same town and love the place.

McMinnville's Main Street gets used as a "Main Street USA" in movies and TV shows - just a nice place to wander around on foot. A good place to visit - two microbreweries and several great places to eat.

I knew there was something I liked about you.  Oregon is the place to be man!  I'm a transplant from Minnesota by way of Washington, DC.  Met my wife in Eugene in 1973, we were married in 1974, moved to Portland in 1977 and have been here ever since.  We raised our three kids here, etc.

Jun 4, 2011 at 12:50 AM Post #801 of 2,248
I sent my William Henry Pikatti in because the first day i had it i got a scratch on the very tip, i posted it here.  It was from cutting the plastic wrap off a bottle and the glass lip took the black finish off.  I didn't realize it was so fragile.  Well, I sent it in to see if they could do anything after a few emails.  They tried to fix it and i don't know what happened but something did because they ended up replacing the blade, which is very cool.  Wish more of the companies out here were so diligent.  I couldn't be happier about it.  After this incident i am comfortable buying from them in the future, but will not this style blade again even though it looks nice.

Jun 4, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #802 of 2,248

Quote:
guys, i got a tiny chip in my wh with zdp-189. can i fix it without reprofiling it? i do not want to reprofile it since it is such a tiny blade. there would be nothing left.
thanks

Send it to WH for evaluation.  A word of caution, if any of you have a beautiful Damascus blade knife, don't use it for every day tasks, if you want it to remain collector quality.

Jun 4, 2011 at 3:02 PM Post #804 of 2,248
I am sticking to cutting fruit with that one.
tongue.gif

Jun 4, 2011 at 3:35 PM Post #805 of 2,248
Have a Regular Large Sebenza I usually EDC.  Also have a Small 2008 Annual LE Sebbie with Bubinga wood.  But it's too small for me, so I'm selling it.

Of course my favorite EDC, pretty much the limits of pocketability due to it's size is my Benchmade 805 TSEK.

I had a custom blue anodized titanium clip made so it would ride a lot lower in the pocket and look more like a pen clip, rather than a shiny, "LOOK AT ME!  I'M A KNIFE!!!!" clip that the stock benchmade clip looks like.

Jun 6, 2011 at 1:53 AM Post #806 of 2,248
Just got my Benchmade Barrage 581 in the mail.  This thing is quite massive in size and weight, yet I highly approve.  I'll try to get pictures in.  I sold my Benchmade Mini-Griptillian Mel Pardue and Kershaw Ken Onion Leek to help fund it.

Jun 14, 2011 at 9:09 PM Post #807 of 2,248
I love the sebby. Got a large 21 in november, really an awesome knive. Cleaning is when you get to see the real craftmanship Chris puts in his knives, each and every piece is made and fit without margins. Got a ESEE/RYP HEST Folder a few months back, also a great peice of work. For bushcraft i prefer the hest, feels more like a tank while the sebby is great for edc.

Jun 17, 2011 at 12:28 AM Post #808 of 2,248
i love my small classic mammoth ivory inlaid seb! yay! the tolerances are so low, the knife is basically perfection. they won best manufacturing quality at the blade show for this year.

Quote:
I love the sebby. Got a large 21 in november, really an awesome knive. Cleaning is when you get to see the real craftmanship Chris puts in his knives, each and every piece is made and fit without margins. Got a ESEE/RYP HEST Folder a few months back, also a great peice of work. For bushcraft i prefer the hest, feels more like a tank while the sebby is great for edc.

Jun 17, 2011 at 11:51 AM Post #810 of 2,248

Quote:
i love my small classic mammoth ivory inlaid seb! yay! the tolerances are so low, the knife is basically perfection. they won best manufacturing quality at the blade show for this year.

Not just this year.
The box of my large 21 says "2000-2001 Blade manufactering award" and "2003-2010 Blade manufactering award"

Quote:
What do u guys think of the Ontario Rat-7 knife?

Ontario makes great knives. They used to make the ESEE knives(back then it was Rat Cutlery) before Rowen took over. ESEE's version is the ESEE6 i believe. That one goes for about $120 while the RAT-7 goes for about 85.
Knowing that Rowen does an awesome heattreat i'd say get the ESEE6 if you dont mind the extra money. Its a .25 inch shorter but should still be more than enough for any camp/bush job. 
Also ESEE knives come with great sheath, a thing thats almost always forgotten. 
http://www.eseeknives.com/rc-6.htm

Whats the intended purpose of the knife? Longer isnt always better.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back