knife-fi?
Sep 10, 2007 at 6:59 AM Post #31 of 2,248
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mini_c.jpg

http://www.palacio.ph/pandayan/

Anyone else find this incredibly neat?

Too bad they're ~ $200, illegal to import, illegal to own, and illegal to carry in Texas.
mad.gif

From an outsiders perspective it's a bit funny, that this tiny knife is illegal, but firearms are "no problemo"
blink.gif

Sep 10, 2007 at 7:45 AM Post #32 of 2,248
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhymesgalore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From an outsiders perspective it's a bit funny, that this tiny knife is illegal, but firearms are "no problemo"
blink.gif

You must be new to US laws.

Scary is bad. Therefore, all scary things must be banned.

The ban on switchblades happened largely due to their prominent part in West Side Story, Rebel Without a Cause and movies at the time. The news media played up gang knife violence with switchblades, whipped the public up into a furor, and poof, bye bye switchblades.

Fast forward a couple of decades, and The Outsiders featured balisongs. Same media song and dance. They got patchwork banned, with some locales lumping them with switchblades, some locales lumped them with gravity knives, and some banned them by name.

Same for nunchucks and other "Eastern" weapons like "ninja" stars with the popularization of martial arts films.

Yet good ole 5.5" fixed blades are perfectly fine for carry in Texas. Go figure.

Dec 17, 2007 at 12:53 AM Post #35 of 2,248
My EDC a microtech socom auto
new20delivery20002.jpg

Dec 17, 2007 at 10:17 AM Post #36 of 2,248
I haven't seen all the posts here...but I am looking for a neat multi-tool knife.

Dec 17, 2007 at 10:13 PM Post #37 of 2,248
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshatdot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't seen all the posts here...but I am looking for a neat multi-tool knife.

Skeletool CX

Not out yet, but looks like it'll make for a great multitool with a usable knife.

Dec 18, 2007 at 12:46 AM Post #38 of 2,248
NIIIIIICE, a blade thread.

My EDC is a Strider SMF-GG.

Dec 20, 2007 at 2:41 AM Post #39 of 2,248
I have a Kershaw Leek and a CRKT M16-10KZ so far, but I am always looking to buy some nice knives if the price is right.

Dec 20, 2007 at 9:52 AM Post #40 of 2,248
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Skeletool CX

Not out yet, but looks like it'll make for a great multitool with a usable knife.

DANG thats sexxy!

skeletool-cx-diagram.jpg

Jan 15, 2008 at 10:12 PM Post #42 of 2,248
Fairly annoyed at the knife hobby right now. Picked up three knives recently, a Spyderco Waved Endura, a Benchmade Mini-Dejavoo and a Kershaw JYD2 SG2/Ti.

The latter two are going straight back to the factory. The Benchmade's linerlock doesn't lock and the Kershaw's grind is noticeably unsymmetrical and has a pronounced "C" curve on one side.

The Endura is a pretty nice knife, but not a fan of the wave after using it for a couple of weeks. I've found it to be unreliable when wearing a jacket, not significantly quicker into action due to the initial backward motion and need for a significant grip reposition, and hell on pocket seams. My hands aren't large enough to use it as a true one hand knife either. Closing the knife is a chore as it's difficult to depress the locking bar and fold the blade down without the use of two hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back