Mar 3, 2010 at 8:40 PM Post #512 of 2,248
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Iaito or live blade?

The real thing Towert7.
Extremely sharp!
Check out the videos on their website.

Bugei Trading Company | Tameshigiri Videos

The steel of these blades is folded and forged, then clay coated and heated to a red hot state before being quenched in water. This forms a resilient softer steel body (45-48 RC) with an aggressively hard edge (59 RC).

This provides exceptional strength and shock resistance with superior edge holding and cutting ability. Careful polishing reveals the hamon and hada showing off the different crystalline structures of the steel.

Our swords clearly show the martinsite edge, the pearlite body, and nioi crystalline structure that lights up on the true hamon. Both the tsuka and the saya are hand made for each individual sword. This attention to detail means that you, our customer, get the best that we can provide.

We also offer a wakizashi and tanto with fully matching furniture should you want to form a matching set (daisho). Included with each sword are a sword bag and quality cleaning kit we import directly from Japan. And as is true of all of our swords, each sword is carefully hand inspected and fine-tuned by Keith Larman before being offered up for sale.

bam2t.jpg

bam5t.jpg

Mar 4, 2010 at 2:09 AM Post #514 of 2,248
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyRay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The real thing Towert7.
Extremely sharp!

You're a better person than me then. I still don't have the confidence to move away from my Iaito.

Mar 4, 2010 at 2:35 AM Post #515 of 2,248
those are amazing. is there any use for those other than collecting them? i mean like if you are not a ninja lol.

i see once again william henry has raised their prices and offered less comparatively. now anyone looking at their top models i strongly advise to go custom. i remember when a wh was limited to 100pcs. and cost $300 in damascus yet! days gone by.

music_man

Mar 4, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #516 of 2,248
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
those are amazing. is there any use for those other than collecting them? i mean like if you are not a ninja lol.

music_man, I study Iaido.

Iaido (ee-eye-doh) is a type of Japanese swordsmanship centered around drawing a sword (katana), quickly dispatching one or more adversaries, and returning the sword to its scabbard. While the name iaido is a twentieth century invention, the art itself has been around for some 400 years.

I only use a Iaito (Training Sword) in class.
The real Katana and Wakizashi is strictly for display at this time.

Mar 4, 2010 at 6:07 PM Post #517 of 2,248
More of my knife collection.

The knife in the back is an Extremely rare REKAT Hobbit Warrior — Round Eye Knife & Tool Company with black rubber handle and Damascus blade. Round Eye Knife & Tool Co. first produced these in the mid and late 1990's. Made in USA.

http://www.snipercountry.com/InRevie...bitWarrior.asp

In front of that knife is the REKAT Pocket Hobbit also very rare.

The knife on the far left is a Walter Brend/White Wolf automatic. Very hard to find and rare.

dscn2519800x600.jpg

dscn2505800x600.jpg

dscn2510800x600.jpg

dscn2509800x600.jpg

dscn2512800x600.jpg

dscn2513800x600.jpg

dscn2514800x600.jpg

dscn2515800x600.jpg

dscn2516800x600.jpg

dscn2518800x600.jpg

dscn2517800x600.jpg

Mar 5, 2010 at 8:21 AM Post #523 of 2,248
Knifeworks.com has the Kershaw Junkyard Dog for $24.95 (usually goes for ~ $55) if anyone's looking for a good midsized slicer at a reasonable price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gore.rubicon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You live in Canada? you know that thing prolly isnt gonna make it past customs

Should make it pass customs unless they're being overzealous. The S&W in question is an assisted OTF and doesn't violate any Canadian laws since the "trigger" is on the blade and not the handle. Not really the most useful thing in the world, but it's an interesting toy.

Mar 6, 2010 at 7:39 AM Post #524 of 2,248
Quote:

Originally Posted by gore.rubicon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You live in Canada? you know that thing prolly isnt gonna make it past customs

Oh it will be fine, it gets shipped to my great aunt's house in Arizona and she mails it to me as a gift with cookies (!!!) without a knife website name on the package lol.

Next one will be this for a daily carry.

SWMP4LB-2.jpg

Mar 8, 2010 at 7:31 PM Post #525 of 2,248
Lucked out yesterday in the Atwood lottery. Snagged my first Atwood blade, the Fixer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back