klipsch x5 or x10 comprable to SA6?
Oct 24, 2008 at 1:06 AM Post #3 of 7
Have both the SA6s and the X10s, and I really like them both. X2 on the post above, but I would not say it's so clear cut that the SA6 has the advantage over the X10s apart from bass and comfort. Without an amp, I do rate the SA6s a bit higher, but with the LOD on my Touch with the MiniboxE+, then I prefer the X10s (they respond to amping much better).

Of course, in terms of price, the X10s are more then $100 above the Sleeks (if you buy both from authorized dealers).

Finally, on the durability front, I have had two sets of drivers replaced by Sleek (which has excellent customer service, as you have no doubt read), once for a small cosmetic problem, the other time when one of the drivers stopped delivering sound. And that is in about 6 mos. time. Michael at Soundearphones.com says that Sleek has fixed those durability problems, but I have no way of knowing if that is the case.

The X10s are a single piece, and doubtful they will break considering how small, light they are. I mean they have very little to break externally in terms of pieces, compared to the Sleek modular system.

Both carry a two-year warranty.

Finally, don't discount the comfort factor. I use foam tips with the Sleeks (Shure olive or yellow standard), and while they are fine once you get them in the right spot, it takes some effort. With the X10s, 3 seconds and they are where they belong (I use the supplied bi-flanges, large, and believe they are by far the best Image sleeves).

Can't discuss the X5s, never owned them.

Realize this doesn't tell you which one to buy, but hope the details help with the decision.

Oct 24, 2008 at 6:01 AM Post #4 of 7
i am using the image x5 alongside the sa6. however due to some driver problems with my sa6. my perspective of the sa6 does not match those of many members here. after doing bass + mod with a heated pin, i find the bass to be a lot deeper however the overage sound seems dark. i use treble +, bass +.
i do not have any of my other bass ports/treble tips with me currently so i cannot play around, however the clarity on the x5 sounds better right now. in something like dani california, the introduction drums have more pop and sound more realistic. in some orchestrated songs (artist: immediate music), the drums definitely sound a lot more realistic and clear on the x5.
i cant wait to get my sa6 back to compare again.

as for comfort, definitely the images win. the only tips that i find better than the images are the v-modas, however those do not really go deep in the ear and arent great for isolation.

Oct 24, 2008 at 8:10 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by enigma7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks for the replies guys. j2kei if you could give your comparison between the x5 and the sa6 when you get your sa6 back, that would be much appreciated.

sure, ill try to remember. midterms start next week
frown.gif

Oct 24, 2008 at 7:34 PM Post #7 of 7
I would be interested to hear the comparison also as the Klipsch Images X5's don't seem to get much coverage on these forums to date and I'd be eager to get a more concrete idea of their sound signature (frequency distribution, sonic presenation etc), especially comparatively to the Sleeks, as I own those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back