Klipsch x20i in ear monitors
Apr 2, 2017 at 11:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Basil Fawlty

New Head-Fier
My x11i headphones gave up the ghost for good recently and I found myself in the market for a replacement.  I had pretty much decided on the newer x12i as the x20i at the time were $549 and I just could not bring myself to pony up that much.  Then, recently I saw they were being sold all over the place for 205 off (about $110 less).  Even that was a hard price to justify, but after much debate with myself, myself on the debate and I ordered a set.  

I did a search here for surprisingly didn't find many threads about these x20i monitors.  Has anyone made a similar more from the x11i to the x20i?  If so, what was your experience? (it's an academic question at this point since I've already ordered them).

Apr 8, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #2 of 11

UPDATE:  I bit the bullet when they dropped the price by $110.  These were still expensive (for me) at $440, but I must say these things are awesome! My previous x11i earbuds were really really good, but these x20i monitors are on a whole different level.  The sound is in your head not in your ears! Im hearing nuances in my music that I never knew were there!

I was really reluctant to to fork out this much money for earbuds, but now that I have them, I have no regrets.  Noise isolation is excellent.  comfort is excellent, build quality - looks very good but time will tell, sound quality is excellent.  The response is flat and you feel like you are hearing what the artist actually sounded like in studio (or on stage).  

If you are looking for something with big boomy thumpy thumpy base, don't wast your money on these - go buy a pair of Beats.  Base is tight and crisp, mids and highs are just right.  The sound is not "molded" towards more bass or more highs, - everything just blends perfectly.  

I am loving these so far. 

Nov 9, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #3 of 11
Hi there @BasilFawlty . I've just bought these.

They were on my wishlist for a long time, but I couldn't justify a premium X10 at that price. However, Klipsch seems to have discontinued nearly all of their wired IEM's and shifted to focus on wireless headphones.

Too bad, but it did mean that I could pick these up at 329 euros (362 dollars). How are your impressions thus far, especially compared to the X10/X11/X12?

Nov 9, 2019 at 5:07 PM Post #4 of 11
How are your impressions thus far, especially compared to the X10/X11/X12?

I have had these for a little more than 2 years now and still love them. I did have to have one of the earbuds replaced (under warranty) but other than that I really love the sound of these things. I try to take extra good care of them as I doubt I'll ever be able to replace them. I see Klipsch does't have any high-end IEM's (They still have some IEM's like the R6i and R6i II but just nothing like these bad boys).

Nov 9, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #5 of 11
I have had these for a little more than 2 years now and still love them. I did have to have one of the earbuds replaced (under warranty) but other than that I really love the sound of these things. I try to take extra good care of them as I doubt I'll ever be able to replace them. I see Klipsch does't have any high-end IEM's (They still have some IEM's like the R6i and R6i II but just nothing like these bad boys).
Good to hear, I'm looking forward to receiving mine :)

It is unfortunate that Klipsch seems to focus on wireless earphones now. Especially since the comfort is in a class of its own. I've got the Sennheiser IE800S and love them, but nothing beats Klipsch IEMs for comfort imo

Nov 9, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #6 of 11
Would be interested to hear your impressions. I Use mine with a FiiO X5 high resolution lossless player paired with a FiiO E12 Mont Blank Headphone Amp (Not really need with the IEMs but does help add a little bass).

Nov 9, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #7 of 11
Would be interested to hear your impressions. I Use mine with a FiiO X5 high resolution lossless player paired with a FiiO E12 Mont Blank Headphone Amp (Not really need with the IEMs but does help add a little bass).
I will be using mine with the Sony NW-ZX300 dap. I'll let you know my impressions :) have a nice weekend

Nov 13, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #9 of 11
Hi there @Basil Fawlty . So I've got the X20i and have perhaps let them burn in for 10 hrs.
To me they feel like an X10 with slightly more treble and much more mid-bass and midrange body overall.
They sound really nice, but for now I find the difference wih my X10 too marginal to be honest.

If I didn't have the X10 and the Sennheiser IE800S, I probably would keep them. As it stands, I'm thinking about returning them. I'm going to give them 2 more hrs of burn-in and see if they widen up some more.

What I really dislike about these however, which I knew prior to buying, is the remote control... Feels very inappropriate for IEMs of this stature.

Make no mistake, I really appreciate their sound, but in my current range they don't really fit in.

Dec 11, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #10 of 11

Be very, very, very careful. My journey started with the x10. They blew me away and I cautiously moved up to the x11 when I left the 10s on a flight. Next came the x20i. Truly thought that was unwise and would surely be the end. Years later and the x20’s haven’t had use in well over a year but but my wallet certainly has. Most recent was Noble Khan. It’s a real wormhole that 95% of members can attest to. Legend X comes next week.

Dec 11, 2019 at 4:35 PM Post #11 of 11
Be very, very, very careful. My journey started with the x10. They blew me away and I cautiously moved up to the x11 when I left the 10s on a flight. Next came the x20i. Truly thought that was unwise and would surely be the end. Years later and the x20’s haven’t had use in well over a year but but my wallet certainly has. Most recent was Noble Khan. It’s a real wormhole that 95% of members can attest to. Legend X comes next week.

kinda the same for me with the RHA t10s... it’s a slippery slope and gets steep real fast haha... legend x should be here in 3 weeks or so (my wallet is crying)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back