Klipsch x11i vs 1More Triple Driver, or something else...
Dec 7, 2018 at 11:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Bogester

New Head-Fier
Hi folks,

I'm new to Head-Fi and this is my first post, and I'm hoping someone here can give me some good advice...

This week my Klipsch X11i IEMs fell out of my pocket on the street somewhere, never to be found again. I'm now on the hunt for a replacement. Initially I thought about buying another set of the Klipschs, but I know they've been around for many years now and there might be better alternatives for the money (I've imposed a budget of around $150 (US)). I've read some pretty enthusiastic reviews of the 1MORE Triple Drivers and was about to the pull the trigger on a pair when I read a few reviews that suggested they aren't as good as Kilpsch's offerings. For example, Steve Guttenburg of CNET raved about the X6i IEMs and said they are better than the 1MORE Triple Driver, which would suggest that the X11is are better still.

Does anybody have direct experience of the X11is and the 1MORE Triple Drivers and can give their opinion on which is better? Or are there some other IEMs that are worthy of consideration that are within my budget? The main criteria for me are sound quality, comfort and noise isolation (in that order). I found the X11i extremely comfortable and provide good enough noise isolation to be used on a flight, which is important for me.

Thinking about it, I'm not wedded to IEMs, either, an on-ear/over-ear headphone that meets my criteria would be just as good.

Many thanks in advance,
Bogester

Dec 15, 2018 at 10:48 PM Post #3 of 3
I found the X11i to have a very muddy sound but then again I do prefer clearer and more effortless sounding iem/headphones.

What is your preference? Do you want a more detailed and engaging or more smoothed and relaxed listen?

I have the triple drivers and I can definitely say that I like them better. However, there are better choices.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back