klipsch x10 vs. x5
Dec 1, 2009 at 8:08 AM Post #18 of 21
not sure if any other x10 owners have this or not but when i use to have them, i had some horrible microphonics. almost unbearable. thats about half the reason why i sold them. but sound wise, they were really good, i loved the warm sound and the warm bass it had. real nice.

Dec 1, 2009 at 12:33 PM Post #19 of 21
I've auditioned both extensively, and they're quite similar. The difference being that the X10's bass extends deeper and has a warm (perhaps too warm for my tastes) sound sig, whereas the X5 sounds better balanced with fast punchy bass.

The X5 fit my ears better due to their larger body, while the X10 felt like it was going all the way into my brain, too intrusive. I'd take the X5 in a heartbeat. YMMV, of course...
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 2, 2009 at 10:07 AM Post #20 of 21
hi guys,

well this is going to be my first post. just received my pair of etymotic HF5's. got them off amazon uk. now will listen to them and review back !

awaiting sleek audio
wink.gif
which will be compared with HF5 soon

Dec 2, 2009 at 12:29 PM Post #21 of 21
well its been 2 hours
wink.gif
. was using the big triflange tip initially, felt uncomfy when worn for an hour. put in the comply tips and notices that the soundstage improved a bit. well the phones have really mild low end, its there but little on the milder side. the highs are sweet, mids are warm and the guitar sounds amazing !

i have read through the forum a lot about these headphones ! really sound decent out of the box. have to c how they compare against the sleek sa6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back