Klipsch X10 vs. Custom 3 vs. X5
Nov 19, 2008 at 8:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

GooWiz

Head-Fier
In light of the half-off sale of Klipsch IEMs, I was wondering if there could be a comparison between the three. I have read some comparisons between X10 and X5 and it seems that the X10 have a much better sound that the X5. Which ultimately leaves a comparison of the X10 vs. Custom 3. Is the X10 worth, in this case, $50 more than the Custom 3? Thanks for the input.

Nov 19, 2008 at 9:00 PM Post #2 of 8
For the record, it's $25 more for the X10.

Custom 3 - Cleaner response, more analytical sound, almost like a warm Etymotic IEM. Bass is there but not a high note, no pun intended.

X10 - Deep, impressive and immersive low end, good high end, recessed mid-range.

Either is going to be a great-sounding IEM, it merely boils down to what you want your sound to be like.

Nov 19, 2008 at 9:05 PM Post #3 of 8
I'd be interested to see more Custom 3 owners creep out the woodwork to comment on these phones lol. They ain't one that you read much impressions or user experince on! In fairness, the same goes for the X5's, though they havn't been out anywhere near as long. And, again, in fairness, the X10s didn't recieve a hefty amount of acclaim on these forums until releatively recently when a bunch of sales commenced on them. Hopefully, in the wake of this generous sale the custom 3's and X5's will get more spotlight here at Head-fi.

Nov 19, 2008 at 10:42 PM Post #4 of 8
mm, yes my bad, $25 difference.
Thanks for the input. any other thoughts?

Nov 20, 2008 at 5:01 AM Post #5 of 8
The custom 3's are indeed detailed and analytical, and its warmth is a big plus for me. It isn't lacking for bass either, death metal with prevalent double bass drums sounds more skullcrushing on these than on my senn px100.

Haven't heard the x10 and the x5 yet, can't comment on those
smily_headphones1.gif

May 20, 2009 at 6:01 AM Post #6 of 8
I have a pair of custom 3's that are my main headphones. I actually bought both a pair of x5's and custom 3's at the same time and never even bothered to open up the x5's.. I'll probably be listing those on head-fi shortly.

May 20, 2009 at 12:25 PM Post #7 of 8
I have the Custom 3's and really love them (see my review in my sig).
I just got the X10 2 days ago.

Give me a week or so and I will write a thorough review comparing the C3's to the X10.
Right now, the C3 sound better, while the x10 are just more comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back