Klipsch x10 VS ATH CKS1000
Nov 26, 2013 at 9:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

mkahn14x

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

So I've been looking for iems that offer a lot of bass. I can't specify too much about mid vs sub bass since I'm not too familiar with the cutoff point between them, so I'll generalize and say I like quantity and quality for both. I mostly listen to dub, trap, etc. and really like that powerful sub bass rumble. I also enjoy that strong boom from sub woofers when I'm listening to speakers, just to add some more details..

Although the bass is the most important for me, I can't disregard the mid and treble for when I'm occasionally listening to trance or even pop culture. I like everything to be very detailed and clear, with a good soundstage. The only thing is, I really dislike when I up the volume to max/near max and the vocals or treble starts piercing my ears. I also hate when iems don't have a good soundstage, since I'm more used to listening to over ears headphones. 

I've listened to the Klipsch x10 once, and the vocals sounded sort of veiled. This was at moderate volume, and the bass wasn't too powerful but I have to say the quality of it was really smooth. As for the CKS1000s, I haven't tried them out but I own the ATH-M50 over ears and imo they're really nice except for the bass isn't strong enough. I thought that the CKS1000s, being in the Solid Bass series, would therefore be my ideal but I could be completely wrong since I'm basing this on my experience with only one ATH product. 

SO.. I know I'm asking for a lot, and a lot of generic things at that (lot of bass, clear midtreble, soundstage, etc.) but I couldn't find any great direct comparison between these two IEMs. And since they're pretty expensive, I wanted to see this community's more experienced opinion of the two...
In summary, the main focus is I want enough of that rumbling bass AND the booming bass, alongside clear mid/trebles - and I don't want all of these sounds to just be packed together, I want depth and width. 

Which should I get??

Thanks!

..also am I asking for too much in IEMs? cuz my hearing isn't super sensitive, I'm a pretty average guy so Im wondering if I'll be able to tell the difference/ if i should just save money and get cheaper iems..

Nov 26, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #2 of 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back