Klipsch X10 sound quality problem
Dec 22, 2012 at 12:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

yopeople70

New Head-Fier
     I just bought the Klipsch X10 IEMs hoping they would sound good. I often listen to music a lot on the go, so I thought IEMs would be the best choice for me. I had read reviews saying that they could be ran perfect without an amp, but other people said that an amp was needed. I gave these a try with my Sansung Galaxy player 4.0 and they sounded...average. They sounded exactly the same as my $30 headphones I previously owned. Should I buy a portable amplifier like a fiio to go with these? I was looking at a DAP (I think thats what it's called) called the Rocoo P. I would much prefer something compact like this rather than lugging around a separate amp.  Would these significantly increase sound quality? Is there another option that could be recommended?

Dec 22, 2012 at 3:17 AM Post #2 of 5
Eh, an amp really doesn't add much especially since the X10s are not hard to drive at all. If you don't like your earphones there's not too much to do for them.

Dec 23, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #3 of 5
I used to own the X10. Do you hear deep clean and powerful bass? If not, you aren't getting a good seal maybe. Try all the different sized tips you have.

Dec 23, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #5 of 5
I own an X10 for about 4 years now, and they still are one of my favorite!
As others have mentioned it, the X10 should be a significant upgrade from cheap earphones, so you might be doing something wrong...

Have you tried using other sources to drive the X10? like a comptuer, friend's iPod ... and see wether it sound the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back