Klipsch S4's vs. Sony MDR EX models vs. Monster Turbine... Helppp!!!
Apr 2, 2010 at 9:07 PM Post #16 of 20
Maybe you could wait for the new a-Jays to come out? They are supposed to be $60 for the top end version and their website says it has a lot of bass. Maybe you could buy them and tell us how they are.
biggrin.gif

If you don't want to wait you can get s-Jays which are $100 and are supposed to have good bass response, but I haven't tried either. I'm kind of in the same situation and don't know what to do either, so I've been researching a lot about bass heavy phones.

Apr 2, 2010 at 9:31 PM Post #17 of 20
I have to bow to the Klipsch gods... I can't believe how amazing and mind blowing this base is on these S4's... I put the earbuds in the opposite ears, got a good seal.. and

O.
M.
G.

That is the deepest, richest and most amazing clear base I've ever heard... I have chills right now...

Thanks to everyone for giving me confidence in these... I stuck with it, allowed the burn-in to occur, and got a good seal... and I am in shock now...

Nov 14, 2012 at 12:52 AM Post #18 of 20
Quote:
I have to bow to the Klipsch gods... I can't believe how amazing and mind blowing this base is on these S4's... I put the earbuds in the opposite ears, got a good seal.. and

O.
M.
G.

That is the deepest, richest and most amazing clear base I've ever heard... I have chills right now...

Thanks to everyone for giving me confidence in these... I stuck with it, allowed the burn-in to occur, and got a good seal... and I am in shock now...

Which model are you referring to of the klipsch?  Would you say they are better overall quality than the ex85lp?  I love my ex85lp, but want more airy-ness and quality.  However, I don't want 'more' bass.  better bass would be ok, but i'd say the 85's are the most i'd want, preferably a tad closer to references levels.

Nov 14, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:
Which model are you referring to of the klipsch?  Would you say they are better overall quality than the ex85lp?  I love my ex85lp, but want more airy-ness and quality.  However, I don't want 'more' bass.  better bass would be ok, but i'd say the 85's are the most i'd want, preferably a tad closer to references levels.

The Klipsch S4's are amazing; you have to get the proper seal to really hear what they can do.  I wear them hooped around my ear and down into the canal; kinda like how professional singer's in-ear monitors look.  I get the best seal that way.

THe S4's base is more subtle but more defined and crisp.  I recommend them all day for people who want a good performing, low cost IE with a lean towards bass.

Nov 14, 2012 at 4:00 PM Post #20 of 20
For what you paid for on the S4 you could have got the Sony MH1 or MH1C for $25 and they sound as good as $100 and $150 IEM's I've heard.  You really should get a pair even though you got the S4.  The Sony MH1 has much more detail, bass thats just as good if not better and a much better soundstage.  The S4 was my first decent IEM so I understand you getting them and I also thought they were great but at the time I didn't know about Head Fi either or I would have got something better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back