Klipsch S4Is or Etymotic HF2? - Need help! (other suggestions appreciated too, new to the boards)
Jan 8, 2010 at 4:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Staceyy

New Head-Fier
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the board. Not an audiophile but I'm a music lover and want to be able to enjoy my music to the fullest.

I need a new pair of high quality headphones. I keep buying more in-expensive ones, having them break and buying new ones, I thought it would be a good idea to invest in a good pair that'll last and that i'll love.

I like listening to pop, rock, dance, hip hop, r&b type music, even classical.
I'd be using the headphones primarily with my IPHONE 3GS or my MACBOOK PRO to listen to music and movies. I want something balanced but that still has some bass (I hear that the bass isn't great with etymotics, not sure if someone like me that isn't an audiophile would notice though).

I was debating between the Klipsch S4Is or the Etymotic HF2s but I'm open to suggestions.

Any help you all can provide is really appreciated :)

Thanks again,
Stacey.

P.S. If you need more info, let me know.

Jan 8, 2010 at 5:13 PM Post #2 of 16
Well, I recently posted "MY TAKE" between those two IEMs (well, the non-mic variants, but otherwise the same), so maybe that'll be of some help to you.

Yip

Jan 8, 2010 at 6:35 PM Post #5 of 16
I should also mention that I travel A LOT on planes and it would be nice to have something to cancel out the noise in airports and plane noise.

Thanks again everyone, I really appreciate it.

Jan 8, 2010 at 9:49 PM Post #9 of 16
Another big downside with the Etyomotic HF2 is that the triple-flange IEM originally installed from the factory can be quite tricky to get a decent seal in the ear--you have to push it pretty far into the ear canal to get that sealing. That's why if you decide to get the HF2, I'd recommend getting the Comply Foam T-100 or Tx-100 ear tips, since you don't need push the IEM really hard into the ear to get a decent seal.

Jan 8, 2010 at 10:29 PM Post #10 of 16
I think Cresyn C750 and Philips 9850(very low price at Amazon) are better choice in this price range........

Jan 10, 2010 at 12:00 AM Post #12 of 16
Thanks everyone. Think I'm going to go with the Klipsch S4Is. I will report back once I get them
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 10, 2010 at 6:57 AM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Staceyy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks everyone. Think I'm going to go with the Klipsch S4Is. I will report back once I get them
smily_headphones1.gif

Congrats! Also, welcome to head-fi. Sorry about your wallet.
ksc75smile.gif
darthsmile.gif
k701smile.gif

Aug 31, 2013 at 2:07 AM Post #15 of 16
Im considering these two models as well and was wondering if my main concern  is isolation (using them on the train to listen to textbooks)  are these over kill?  I am currently using the stock Samsung Headphones that came with my Galaxy s3 and was thinking of trying the Comply tips for those first. 

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back