Klipsch s4, where to buy?
Mar 28, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #16 of 20
If anyone says the S4 is light on bass they are totally wrong.. I find the bass too much for me most of the time.. As with all IEMs you have to get a good seal, and I think they're a few idiots out there that don't understand this, and they post horrid reviews on how bad they sound..

Anyways, I know you'll love them. :p

Mar 28, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by katsuru /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seems like they are only sold in a box with 5 pairs all with the same size. I can't just know which side i will need with those foams if i never tried em out =/ Which box costs around 20$ + shipping for me in EU ( once again i find nothing here in EU ) if i make the mistake of choosing the wrong size, i will need to order another size, making the whole process too expensive.

What size tips do you use normally? If you typically use medium-sized tips, try the medium olives. Unless you know your ears are unusually small or large, the medium olives should work.

If the whole process seems a bit too expensive, maybe you could post a WTB thread in the for sale section. Someone with an unused pair might be willing to sell you one pair cheap.

Or you could just stick with the stock tips. If those fit you well enough, feel comfortable, and don't fall off, then you won't really need foam tips.

Mar 28, 2010 at 10:07 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by FragViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If anyone says the S4 is light on bass they are totally wrong.. I find the bass too much for me most of the time.. As with all IEMs you have to get a good seal, and I think they're a few idiots out there that don't understand this, and they post horrid reviews on how bad they sound..

Anyways, I know you'll love them. :p

Yeah a lot of people can't even get an IEM inside their hears...

For example, my uncle for 2 weeks ago said... Oh i need to buy new Earbuds for my Zen after he saw my EP830.. ( hes using some crappy ones creative sent along with ZEN ), I was like yeah we could look into that, and i gave him my EP830 for him to try out, after 20 mins struggling with his hears... i swear i couldn't find the perfect position for him, it just didn't work, i analyzed his hear and it looks kind weird on the inside, for example, sometimes you look into some1's hear and u see like a little canal down the hear, when i looked into his hear all i saw was a "wall" and more to the left side starts the canal, making it impossible to fit my EP830 in there haha they would just go str8 into this " wall " and if i forced them to the left, this curve for his canal would just pressure too much the Foams making the IEMs sound ****! He said all he could hear was treble nothing else...

That was something i had never seen before. Now i think how many ppl out there just can't fit their IEMs in place and then write reviews killing the product...
confused_face.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by bba1973 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What size tips do you use normally? If you typically use medium-sized tips, try the medium olives. Unless you know your ears are unusually small or large, the medium olives should work.

If the whole process seems a bit too expensive, maybe you could post a WTB thread in the for sale section. Someone with an unused pair might be willing to sell you one pair cheap.

Or you could just stick with the stock tips. If those fit you well enough, feel comfortable, and don't fall off, then you won't really need foam tips.

Atm i am using Small ones on my Ep830 but the Medium ones fit good as well. To be honest i need to test em both to see which one brings more the sound out of it, but i just have been to lazy to do it, and knowing i was about to order something better to replace them, i didn't even cared to test that...
tongue.gif

I will make the test now.

Mar 28, 2010 at 10:54 PM Post #19 of 20
Ok both small and medium size fit good, and i can't detect any sound improvements.

What i did notice was... My right hear is all messed up... with both phones ( L or R ) my right hear doesn't hear the bass and highs and everything else as good as the left hear lol..... Its like the sound is more distant, and volume is lower and bass is kinda muddy

Doctor appointment ? I guess so.

Have any of you already experienced the same problem? Can it be wax accumulated inside the hear? My Hygiene is not perfect of course but clean my hears with regularity, every 2 days i would say. So no Wax visible at all in my hear, which doesn't mean there isn't some inside it, Right?

Apr 1, 2010 at 2:12 AM Post #20 of 20
Ok they arrived yesterday ( record time... )

First impressions about the IEMs, they sound really nice, the bass really pleases me ( maybe too much bass for some people but if the source has an EQ i think it could be worked around ) the IEMs are not that comfortable to wear, the S size tip annoys me because it has to be put all the way down into my hears, the medium one i think it is too big, maybe a small one with the same appearance as the M one that comes along with the IEM would fit be better, my GF also tried em and the first words were: " Damn i have bass all over my head, but they aren't comfortable.

The cable seems weird, and fragile, i kinda feel like it could break on some extreme usage, and the IEMs feel a little bit fragile as well, i don't think klipsch would make something that would break by nothing, but still...

Overall i am very happy with them, it was a major improvement over my EP 830, when it comes to bass it really makes me feel like "yeah... now we are talking... "
smily_headphones1.gif

Now I still have to find some Shure Olives size S and M just need one pair of each, but seems like i can't buy it anywhere unless i order 5 Pairs of one Size for 20$, i don't need 5 pairs of the same size =/. lets hope some1 has some spar olives to sell me, already opened thread on the market place.

All i can say is Thank you all who helped me out picking this IEM.

Best regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back