Klipsch S4 vs RE-0
Oct 8, 2009 at 4:04 PM Post #16 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by ductrung3993 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm having the same dilemma too
smily_headphones1.gif
So for the owners here, can you compare them for me in other aspects like fit, comfort and isolation? Thanks in advance!

Fit and comfort is slightly better with the S4. The S4 isolates better because it inserts deeper into the ear canal.

Oct 9, 2009 at 9:25 AM Post #17 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rip N' Burn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fit and comfort is slightly better with the S4. The S4 isolates better because it inserts deeper into the ear canal.

Then I might go with the S4 over the RE0
beyersmile.png
Now I have to choose between these and the turbines
L3000.gif

Oct 9, 2009 at 10:05 PM Post #18 of 34
I just picked up the S4 at best buy as they just started carrying them. I'll be burning them in the next few days to see if they change but my initial impressions are good except one thing and that is that they are a bit harsh on my ears with the treble though others have said they do come down a bit. It's only with a few songs but it definitely is there. The mids and bass though is very nice. The mids seem better than my Shures se310 while the bass is definitely a nice step up. The shures may have been a little more analytical and I did enjoy the highs more but besides the klipsch hurting my ears a little bit I really do prefer the sound of them more. Some friends of mine own the se115's and atrio M5's rev. 2 so I'll be juxtaposing them eventually. I'll write more when I have some more burn in time with these.

Oct 9, 2009 at 10:20 PM Post #19 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just picked up the S4 at best buy as they just started carrying them. I'll be burning them in the next few days to see if they change but my initial impressions are good except one thing and that is that they are a bit harsh on my ears with the treble though others have said they do come down a bit. It's only with a few songs but it definitely is there. The mids and bass though is very nice. The mids seem better than my Shures se310 while the bass is definitely a nice step up. The shures may have been a little more analytical and I did enjoy the highs more but besides the klipsch hurting my ears a little bit I really do prefer the sound of them more. Some friends of mine own the se115's and atrio M5's rev. 2 so I'll be juxtaposing them eventually. I'll write more when I have some more burn in time with these.

If you find the treble too harsh you can use shure black olive foam sleeves. I find that it calms the treble energy and is very comfortable. In fact, all of the tips from your SE310's will fit the S4.

Oct 9, 2009 at 10:23 PM Post #20 of 34
They would fit if they didn't get stolen, along with all the accessories, a little while ago
frown.gif
. I think I'll give the burn in a try as I find these headphones very comfortable and if that doesn't improve I'll buy and try the shure tips. They were very comfortable as well. How else do the shure tips affect the sound?

Oct 10, 2009 at 3:09 PM Post #22 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by oakleyguy89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The image s4 does well with rock, hardcore, metal, etc.. I think the sound stage is actually very detailed. I love listening to a day to remember with them.

I Think you just convinced me to buy these headphones...i love a day to remember...lets see if i can get them from amazon lol.

Edit: Just got them 79 shipped from amazon. Online shopping has been the death of my wallet

Oct 10, 2009 at 3:19 PM Post #23 of 34
They are carrying them in Bestbuy for those in the states. I am very much enjoying rock a lot more with these than my se310's. They also seem to be lightning up on fatiguing treble with me and my 15 burn in yesterday of drums, white noise and a 20-20000 hz torture playlist turned up. Never noticed burn in on any other headphones I owned but I guess hearing is believing. Still would like the treble to come down a little so we'll see how it goes.

Oct 10, 2009 at 4:06 PM Post #24 of 34
Well maybe i should of run to a bestbuy to pick them up. But it is early on a saturday and i didnt bother thinking.

I am not to worried about the treble, my SR-80 have an emphasis on treble and i really liked them. I wasnt a believer in burn in till i bought the ALO-780 i am sure that some of it was in my mind. But by 200 hrs they had really changed.

The s4 will be my first IEM how different are they from full size or earbuds.

Oct 10, 2009 at 4:35 PM Post #25 of 34
The main thing to remember with these is that without a proper seal that they will sound only a fraction as good as they should. First thing I did was experiment with different tips and settled on the most comfortable and best isolating one. Also experiment with over the ear vs normal wearing. It can alter the sounds and changes the way the phone sits in your ear so can change how comfortable it is. This is the main difference in actually wearing in ear vs full size. Just be very careful and see how different insertion depths feel and sound. The isolation is wonderful and you'll really learn to appreciate it in noisy environments. I'm listening to some blues travelers right now and cannot here anything but an amazing harmonica solo, not even my typing. I feel like these headphones have changed since I started burning them in but it could be a placebo as I've been listening to crappy headphones since my last pair got stolen and I may have grown acclimated to them. I certainly am enjoying these headphones more and more as I continue to listen to them. Other than that enjoy these headphones. Good luck
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 11, 2009 at 6:50 AM Post #26 of 34
Thanks for all the tips...i have heard a lot about getting the proper seal. I think it is achieved when outside noise is reduced and internal noise like your voice is increased?

Oct 11, 2009 at 7:41 AM Post #27 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by abellaw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I Think you just convinced me to buy these headphones...i love a day to remember...lets see if i can get them from amazon lol.

Edit: Just got them 79 shipped from amazon. Online shopping has been the death of my wallet

Awesome, I think you will love them. They sound great with any genre I put at them
smily_headphones1.gif
You should post what you think of them. I see in your sig that you have the amp3. I believe tstarn06 tried out his s4 with the amp3 and it gave him good results.

Oct 11, 2009 at 3:35 PM Post #29 of 34
The included fit kit is kinda weak imo, only having three different sizes. Still, I got lucky and the larger ones fit me perfect. I might try to pickup the biggest set of double flanges to get the isolation up, (its still good, just not as good as my SE-530s) but I still can't get over how comfortable they are.

One other thing, I noticed in the first post that you said you want low cable noise, and I feel the S4s generate a lot. I did find that it was 90% mitigated when I wrapped the cable over my ears, just loses that super fast pop in and go that is one of the nice features.

Enjoy those earphones though, I think they are very worth the cost. Love that thumping bass.
darthsmile.gif

Oct 11, 2009 at 4:48 PM Post #30 of 34
Well personally i want isolation, but it is not the hugest deal. I find myself only casually listening to music outside now. I have got into reading when i am on the bus so i only listen to music at work and i need to be able to hear the phones and my boss complaining anyways lol.

But i am looking forward to receiving the S4s, i had previously written of IEMs and earbuds and now i think it is worth checking them out. I am not sure i am pretty big guy 6'4 so i hope the large ones fit me too. Also most of the time the cords are kind of short because i am so tall. But i hope the cord is long enough, and is it possible to buy aftermarket tips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back