Klipsch S4 or Yuin G2A
Apr 13, 2010 at 5:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

SplashArtist

Head-Fier
Hey what headphone do you think is a better bang for the buck? (there both around 50 bucks on ebay since the klipsch are easy to find used)

Let me know what you think about the two. Also this is without an amp (i want to know which sounds better stock and which is easier to drive)

Apr 13, 2010 at 5:19 AM Post #2 of 5
Both are very easy to drive (too easy in the case of the S4 IMO). What are you looking for in your sound? If it's strong bass, forget the Yuins. If it's balance, accuracy, and fidelity, forget the S4.

Apr 13, 2010 at 6:02 AM Post #3 of 5
Well im getting some K450's in which ive heard are very punchy with the bass (i listen to ALOT of dubstep and trance) so thats why I got those. But for my second set (i currently have ****ty AKG IP2's and CX400 II) either way is good. The only thing is that I would think the s4's are better cus their retail price is 30 dollars higher then the yuins plus ive heard they are better then any iem in their league.

Apr 13, 2010 at 6:04 AM Post #4 of 5
unless you have any other recommendations for around 50 dollars that have better sq then these two.

Apr 13, 2010 at 6:11 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by SplashArtist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only thing is that I would think the s4's are better cus their retail price is 30 dollars higher then the yuins plus ive heard they are better then any iem in their league.

That's only true if you like their signature. Personally I think they're far from the best for the price. The ViSang R03 wipe the floor with them IMO and cost around $62. I also happen to think the $40 Meelec M6 sound great with trance and electronica.

In the end SQ is a pretty subjective thing. Quite a few head-fiers dislike the S4. And I'm sure quite a few people out in the world at large would dislike the G2A far more. You really have to figure out what you're looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back