Klipsch S4 (II) vs VSONIC GR07 BE vs Klipsch X10 + Suggestions?
Mar 11, 2014 at 6:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

tusing

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, everyone,

I'm having trouble deciding between the GR07 Bass Edition, Klipsch X10, or other IEMs (eg. Shure SE215, etc)...

I listen to mostly instrumental / epic (eg. Audiomachine, Two Steps From Hell) / or general soundtrack music, with some bass. Sometimes classical.

Up to now I've had a pair of S4 II's, but the connector on those broke (the headphones only deliver full sound now if the jack is exactly in the right angle), I've been thinking about upgrading from these headphones. Now, I know that the GR07 Bass Edition and the X10 are both better than the S4's, but by how much? I'm new to the whole audiophile/IEM scene so I don't know much...

Which GR07s would be best? The Bass Editions or the MK2? I know the bass editions are newer, but I was wondering if the MK2 is any better in any way. How would the SE215's compare? And the Klipsch X10 - I was originally considering just jumping at this. But from what I read, it has terrible durability, and I don't exactly have the best experience with Klipsch durability. The X11i's are out of the picture for now. I don't own an iDevice, so the extra cost of the controller is pointless. Furthermore, it's ~$220 on Amazon - about $50 more than the GR07 BE and the X10.

Any other IEM suggestions? I was considering the SE215s but some people say those aren't very good with bass. Not that I always listen to bass, or am a bass junkie, but it would be nice to have headphones that are good with bass either way. The RE-400s seem to have less bass than the GR07 BE's anyways, and since I can spend up to $170, I might as well get the GR07's instead.

(reposted here because I posted in the wrong subforum earlier)

Mar 11, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #2 of 2
I would say the X10 and GR007 are at least twice as good as the S4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back