klipsch s4 fit
Nov 13, 2009 at 8:44 AM Post #3 of 8
Where can I get larger bi-flanges? The ones that came with the S4 are too small...

Nov 13, 2009 at 4:32 PM Post #5 of 8
Yes, but the bi-flanges are the same material as the single flanges, both a "gels" but the large bi-flanges are actually pretty small.

To answer backtoreality's question, I use a set of bi-flanges from Ety (gray in color) that are made for the er6i, but work very well with the S4s. A larger tip, but not by alot. They are round, and very comfy. Another great alternative is to buy some Shure white tri-flanges, $10 for 3 pair, and cut off the smallest flanges and also trim the sound stalk to even with the bottom flange. I actually think either of those flanges sound better than the gels with the S4s. I tried Sony hybrids and didn't like them as much, as another FYI. But some folks like them as a gel substitute.

Nov 13, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ucrags84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sony Hybrid Tips suit this job, and they don't mess around with the highs or bass as far as I know.

You can get a pack at Best Buy ( I think), Radio Shack, or Ebay ~$8

Do the Sony hybrids fit/stay on the S4? It has a small nozzle, similar to the Shure nozzles, with a bump-ring on it. I know the extra S4 tips I bought will NOT fit on my RE0 nozzle.

Nov 13, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #7 of 8
Well, the hybrids do fit, but not snugly like the gels or Shure flanges. But they don't seem to come off in your ear. The hybrids are funny, because they fit large canal phones and some smaller nozzles. Guess that's why they call them hybrids? Have no read idea.

Nov 13, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #8 of 8
I just recently tried using my hybrid tips. I had to push them past the larger part of the nozzle, but not all the way down.

The sound signature has changed significantly by doing this. The bass has noticeably been toned down, but it still is present. The highs are not as prominent. Clarity and detail has significantly improved. The only downside is that the soundstage is smaller. I never thought by changing a tip, the sound sig would change so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back