Klipsch S4 - Big problem
Dec 11, 2009 at 5:40 AM Post #46 of 55
I returned my S4 under the 30 days money back thing because of the sibilance.
I now own an RE0 and I'm pretty happy with it, but I thought the sibilance was a problem with my earphone only, but the guys at the support gave me a refund instead of replacing it...

Dec 11, 2009 at 8:52 AM Post #47 of 55
The sibilance problem is a LOT to do with the kind of volume to listen to your music.

If you turn down the volume sibilance is hardly noticeable but if you blast it you will start to really cringe !

Dec 11, 2009 at 9:01 AM Post #48 of 55
I think I have to disagree with that, Brendon -- I tend to listen to my music at a very low volume. With my iPhone 3GS, my custom is to keep the volume around 25-30% with the S4i phones.

Dec 11, 2009 at 11:04 AM Post #50 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by HazeIT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I returned my S4 under the 30 days money back thing because of the sibilance.
I now own an RE0 and I'm pretty happy with it, but I thought the sibilance was a problem with my earphone only, but the guys at the support gave me a refund instead of replacing it...

Did you burn-in your S4?

Dec 11, 2009 at 4:02 PM Post #51 of 55
I think so. I played a mix of pink noise and white noise for about 50 hours... plus the regular music playing...
I didn't play it loud, it was connected straight to a Sansa Fuze and the volume around 50-70%.
The sibilance was really there to a point that I couldn't listen to my favorite songs.
Anyway, I'm all happy with the RE0 now and looking forward for my TF10 to arrive, I always wanted to see how a 3 drivers sounds...

Dec 11, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #52 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by brendon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The sibilance problem is a LOT to do with the kind of volume to listen to your music.

If you turn down the volume sibilance is hardly noticeable but if you blast it you will start to really cringe !

i definitely disagree..with some of my tracks theres sibilance due to the recording and regardless of the volume it makes it very hard pretty much impossible for me to listen to those tracks because of it.

Dec 13, 2009 at 4:12 AM Post #53 of 55
Oh so its there at low volumes as well ? With the two IEMs that I have a sibilance issue both sound great at low volumes but start to get very harsh once I pump up the volume.

Dec 13, 2009 at 5:06 AM Post #54 of 55
Actually, I went back to the Klipsch oval tips, and the sound has changed quite a bit. Methinks I need to spend more time with these using either the Klipsch ovals, the Sleek double-flanges, or customized Ety flanges. The Ety foamies definitely didn't work.

Dec 13, 2009 at 6:36 AM Post #55 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by brendon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh so its there at low volumes as well ? With the two IEMs that I have a sibilance issue both sound great at low volumes but start to get very harsh once I pump up the volume.

i actually meant tracks that had it already in the recording..u can hear it regardless of what volume you set it at :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back