Klipsch r6 recommendation
Dec 24, 2015 at 6:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

zeroing in

New Head-Fier
I am new here but i wanted to post my recommendation for the klipsch r6 earbuds.

I dont see much information or reviewd on these but i can say so far they are my favorites.

Ive owned:
Hd558
Sony xba h1
Momentum 2.0 wired
Monster tubine coppers
Numark electrostatics

And i have tried several others.

These klipsch are the best sounding, most comfortable ear phones i have tried.

They isolate noise excellent, the bass has such weight and authority its distortion free at insane levels. The mids arent bad but my only complaint is this...there is that simblance or shimmer that is hard to get rid of with eq and the cord has the microphonics but i have heard much worse.

I use mainly my cell phone to stream music so i use viper for android and the sounds transforms into something awesome.

The weirdest thing with these earbuds is the left and right and the impact on bass. When i first got them i wasnt impressed at all. I was going to return them to best buy even though i got them on sale for $59.99.

Accidently i swapped sides and found the they fit better and all the sudden it was extreme bass!!!

They carried so much bass with weight and authority it was rediculas. Not fat or bloated bass but tight and well defined. Now all the sudden i could hear and sense the lowest rumblings and sounds.

When i use viper there is a setting for bass effect and it can really add the type of slam and impact you will never get without it turned in. Like a bass restoration tool it restores bass i think.

Either way these are simply the best ones ive ever owned but can only recommend them with the right hardware and you have to swap sides to get bass effect.

If they fixed the microphonics and tuned out that upper simblance these would be a world class winner. I dont see how much it can improve over these in any areas. I have let people listen to them with my settings in viper and they are stunned. I tell them they can have my pair for $500.00 and they believe me lol.

My next favorites are the hd558 they sound right on the money but i miss the weight, slam and impct of the r6's i just keep going back to them.

This leads me to the new klipsch xr8i hybrids. Will they cure these issues for like triple the price?

They use the same driver in the r6 but add another driver to cover the mid highs.

Grab the r6's, swap left to right, use viper or a good source and have fun!

Dec 24, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #2 of 2
I want to compare the new klipsch x6i to the r6's.
The hybrid uses both drivers one from the x6i and one from the r6. If it works as i hope i am going to sell all my other headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back