Klipsch Quintet 5.0 ? Or other system/5 Speakers <$400
May 12, 2013 at 9:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

gustavthelion

New Head-Fier
So right now I have two pairs of speakers. I have inherited both so please don't hate on me for the brands. One is a Logitech Sub that uses RCA connections that now go to Bose Acoustimass Cubes instead of the original logitech speakers. The other(the one i want to upgrade) is an Onkyo Amp/Receiver, Polk Subwoofer, and 5 terrible Sony speakers. I don't want to upgrade the Onkyo or Polk just the 5 Sonys. I actually like how the Acoustimass speakers sound considering they were free, plus they sound much better than my Sonys out in my living room. I would like my living room set (Sonys) to sound as good as the Cubes or better for less than $400. I feel this is reasonable. The first thing i run into is the Klipsch Quintet 5.0 but I have heard they aren't great with music? Obviously if the Bose are good enough for me I may have lower standards than some of you but they sound good as far as I'm concerned. Any help would be great!

May 13, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #2 of 2
Actually for music i wouldn't stress over getting 5.1 in the 1st place
blink.gif
Since u have the receiver and polk sub look to hit a nice pair of bookies or floor standers for that living room? 2 channel for music...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back