Klipsch M40
Jan 28, 2013 at 3:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

juniorheadfier

New Head-Fier
Dear All I thought of giving my input on the M40's. First I have owned the m40's for about 6 months, Second I have an pair of Sennheiser HD650, Ultrasone series 9, and Skullcandy aviators. In the initial impressions of having the m40's I noticed that the m40s were not upto par, When I increased the volume while the noise cancellation was on they would really distort and this only happend when the volume was above 80%. Recently I had a problem with my M40's and I had to send it in for repair as the ear-cups were coming out, and the battery compartment wouldnt stay put. I received my M40's and left them aside while I was listening to my HD650's. My friend wanted to listen to one of her songs so I had given her the HD650's to listen while I took the M40 to listen to what I was listening before. I couldnt believe my ears that these actually had a sparkle in them, As soon as I put them I checked if the Noise Cancellation feature was on, which it was, I had turned up the volume upto 80% and I couldnt belive what I was hearing. to further evaluate the problem I had with the previous M40's I rose the volume and it didnt distort. Now I can finally say that the first batch of the M40's were not upto par and probably defective, These come close to my HD650's, as a noise cancellation it actually performs decent. I would suggest everyone if you want to try the M40's give it a try and if it distorts or doesn't sound right send it in for replacement or get it changed! You will see the difference once you actually get a good pair. I rate these 8 out of 10, from the earlier 6/10 when I had them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back