Klipsch Low Budget Hi-Fi Special a good deal?
Jun 17, 2003 at 4:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

phong

Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I will come to one of the BEST for advice here. The Klipsch store has their "Low Budget Hi-Fi Special" which includes refurbished 4.1 speaker system and the Audio Tornado Digital Decoder box. All of this for $199. Should I go for it, or is there something out there that I MUST GET MY HANDS ON? I am a newbie to all things audio compared to you guys so I need some input.

Take Care,

Phong

Jun 17, 2003 at 4:58 AM Post #2 of 4
Not bad but an even better deal on pc speakers is the megaworks 550 for $164 here . Those are the ones I would get, unless I really needed that decoder (not needed if you watch dvd's on the pc as you can use a software decoder). What sound card are you using.

Jun 17, 2003 at 5:02 AM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for the input vrao81. Don't make fun of me guys,
tongue.gif
, but I have an iMac G4 with the very weak audio out. The reason this deal appeals to me is because I don't have to spend money on a decoder such as M-Audio's Sonica. I plan to buy a Power Mac (has to be the 970 "G5" chip). Just by mentioning that, is there any good sound cards for the Mac exept M-Audios Revolution 7.1? And is that a good card?

Jun 17, 2003 at 5:20 AM Post #4 of 4
I agree with vrao81 about the megaworks 550. As for sound cards, the sound blaster audigy 2 is good, but the m-audio revo is the best there is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back