Klipsch in 2010
Nov 25, 2010 at 12:38 AM Post #46 of 53

Quote:
Looks like the Image One are priced to compete with the Bose Around Ear 2, also around $150.  Anybody have a chance to compare the Klipsch and Bose?  

I feel like its more aimed at competing with other iPhone headsets that aren't IEMs/earbuds, Like the Dre Beats Solo and Skullcandy Rocnation Aviators (they're all in the Apple store after all).
I've spent no time with the around ear, but I've listened to the on-ear Bose a fair amount, and I felt the on-ear sounded very similar to the Image One, mainly with respect to the bass.  If I'm not mistaken, the of the guys working at the Bose store told me the drivers in their on-ear headphones are different than all their other headphones, so I expect the AE's sound significantly different.  Bose offers in-line mics with all their headphones - for a price.

Nov 25, 2010 at 9:19 AM Post #47 of 53
The Bose on eAr are completely underwhelming. My friend's dad bought a pair to use with his laptop, and he ended up preferring the earphones that came with his xps computer. They don't even compare to my 30 dollar altec lansings, except in comfort.

Klipsch, is there any response to the claim that this headphone uses the same Foster drivers as the denon ah-d1001? This wouldn't place it in the same market, as you don't use the Foster housing. Yours is much smaller than the Foster oem, plus this headphone has more accessories, plus the mic and control. But, it would be nice to know, and also how you managed to shift the wound signature towards so much bass.

Nov 30, 2010 at 4:01 PM Post #48 of 53
Quote:
Klipsch, is there any response to the claim that this headphone uses the same Foster drivers as the denon ah-d1001?

Is does not use the same driver.

Dec 4, 2010 at 10:47 AM Post #49 of 53
Tried out the Kilpsch Image One yesterday, as well as the Beats by Dr. Dre Studio and the Bose Quiet Comfort 15. The Bose was by far the most comfortable, as the Kilpsch still sits *on* the ear, even though it's an "over-the-ear" design. The Dr. Dre just sounded like crap, huge bloated bass and no mids whatsoever, and the Kilpsch just sounded low-end. I got similar sound out of my Sony MDR-V150 cans back in the day. Those were terribly uncomfortable headphones and so are these. I could only tolerate it for a few minutes. The one that I kept coming back to was the Bose. Not only was the fit very comfortable, and the cans quite light, but the sound quality was really quite good. Of course I didn't have my HD555s with me to compare but I found the midrange more forward, and presence in the highs and a bass that was less tight and more deep. Overall it was more of a forward sound than the HD555s and the noise cancelling feature really helped me to enjoy the headphones in the noisy, crowded Apple Store. It works quite well, and I really couldn't hear much other than the music. Let it be noted that  was listening to (probably) the standard iTunes DRM audio file coming out of a newest-gen iPod Nano.

Dec 6, 2010 at 3:55 PM Post #50 of 53

Quote:
The Bose on eAr are completely underwhelming. My friend's dad bought a pair to use with his laptop, and he ended up preferring the earphones that came with his xps computer. They don't even compare to my 30 dollar altec lansings, except in comfort.

Is it possible he got a fake pair off ebay?  That happened to me, and then I got a legit pair.  World of difference. 
Bose seemed a good compromise between comfort and ease of use.  My beyerdynamics aren't for travel.

Dec 15, 2010 at 4:02 AM Post #51 of 53

Quote:

Klipsch, is there any response to the claim that this headphone uses the same Foster drivers as the denon ah-d1001? This wouldn't place it in the same market, as you don't use the Foster housing. Yours is much smaller than the Foster oem, plus this headphone has more accessories, plus the mic and control. But, it would be nice to know, and also how you managed to shift the wound signature towards so much bass.

Quote:
Quote:

Is it possible he got a fake pair off ebay?  That happened to me, and then I got a legit pair.  World of difference. 
Bose seemed a good compromise between comfort and ease of use.  My beyerdynamics aren't for travel.

uhh I don't think so no offense to any bose users but I tried them at the apple store and even my mum could say it's just * boom boom as she may describe it and said that the AKG K420's sounded better ^^, but she did say they are comfortable

Dec 25, 2010 at 12:59 AM Post #52 of 53
When I was checking out the Klipsch Image One's specs I was hoping it would be noise canceling.. but it turns out from this thread that they're noise isolating. I think I'm going to give them an audition (if I can find them in stores) soon.

On a side note, I'm looking forward to the S5i Rugged! Will there be a S5 rugged without the mic?

Jan 1, 2011 at 1:13 PM Post #53 of 53
I found those Klipsch cans couple days ago in some apple stores around me.
They tend to sound a little bit bassy
and the mids is okay(not very sweet but not bad either)
high feels a little bit pushed and grainy when there is a lot of bass stuff going on.

The head phone design is pretty good looking tho, and it feels comfortable.

just a 1st impression tho, apple stores around NYC are pretty noisy all the time, can't really pay full attention auditioning cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back