Klipsch Images in the UK at reduced prices
Jan 31, 2010 at 6:32 PM Post #16 of 25
I wasn't looking to buy, but I popped into two local HMV's today and it's the x5's that are £99.

Wierd.

Jan 31, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #17 of 25
Even the X5's at £99 aren't bad value tho?

Feb 1, 2010 at 10:50 AM Post #18 of 25
Long time reader, first time poster!

I checked in the Guildford branch on Saturday afternoon but they didn't stock them. Fortunately my wife was at the Westfield shopping centre so I asked her to look. They had 4 pairs of X5's left for £79.99 so she picked up one for me.

Very impressed indeed with the sound quality, very open, clear & punchy. Huge improvement on my e2c's and cx300s!

Was very close to going for the S4's after reading the threads here for the last few months, but at that price I couldn't resist.

Thanks very much to Murfy for the thread.

Feb 1, 2010 at 1:35 PM Post #20 of 25
frown.gif
HMV Meadowhall didn't receive some for me. Had to take a refund instead.

Feb 1, 2010 at 1:40 PM Post #21 of 25
Ahhhhh.... whish id found about these earlier... hows the buds doing for you guys,.... a deal and a half i must say, and yes the hmv point should make you buy a few singles on disc or some extras for free afterwards
wink.gif

Feb 1, 2010 at 4:13 PM Post #22 of 25
Thanks for the advice Ucrags.

Apologies for the lack of knowledge here (still finding my feet in this wonderful IEM world!) but are the Shure Olives the memory foam sleeves?

I've got some Shure e2c's which came with the cream/yellow coloured foam sleeves. Are the olives a better version of them?

Feb 2, 2010 at 12:29 AM Post #24 of 25
Hope your luckier than me.

When I heard of this I contacted the nearest branch only to find they weren't doing them and wouldn't arrange for a delivery from another branch.
Another miss for me, after I thought I was getting a pair of the $99 triple fis as well only to find the original buyer changed his mind and sold them to someone locally. No luck!
smily_headphones1.gif

If only I lived further south where I could travel to other branches without clocking up hundreds of miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back