Klipsch Images in the UK at reduced prices
Jan 28, 2010 at 7:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

murfy

100+ Head-Fier
It seems a number of HMV shops are selling X5 and X10 for 79.99GBP and 99GBP respectively, in store.
Sounds like a good deal, but is this a portent of their demise? Does it suggest they are about to be replaced?

Jan 28, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #2 of 25
Because HMV are having a sale on them?

Still £230 at Amazon UK last I checked.

Anyway I managed to get a family member to pick up a set of X10s from Meadowhall (Sheffield) for £99. If anyone is in the region, there were 3 sets there at lunch today.

Great deal. Now to see if I prefer these or my Denon C710s.

Jan 29, 2010 at 8:07 AM Post #4 of 25
frown.gif
Mine are faulty.

Crackling sound on bassy-notes in the left ear. Gonna have to take them back.

Jan 29, 2010 at 10:40 AM Post #5 of 25
I just rang Meadowhall, and they said they have loads of stock of them. May take a trip up there!

beerchug.gif
to OP

Jan 29, 2010 at 10:47 AM Post #7 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaeO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just rang Meadowhall, and they said they have loads of stock of them. May take a trip up there!

beerchug.gif
to OP

That's good because I will need to exchange mine.

Jan 29, 2010 at 11:08 AM Post #8 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by KGW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif
Mine are faulty.

Crackling sound on bassy-notes in the left ear. Gonna have to take them back.

Counterfeit? I mean er, is Meadowhall authorized?

Jan 29, 2010 at 11:28 AM Post #10 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by KGW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From HMV? No.

I meant "imitation"
redface.gif

Jan 29, 2010 at 12:15 PM Post #11 of 25
Well, I just got mine from the Merry Hill Centre in Dudley after reading this. I reserved the last set over the phone. This is such a sweet deal coz if you pick up and register instore for a 'Pure HMV' rewards card you get 10,000 points to spend on line
eek.gif

Oh and they sound damn fine also.....

Edit - Got abit over myself as the guy in HMV wrongly told me 10,000 points equated to £100, sorry. I'll check to see what it equates to but £100 it ain't. Still it's free isn't it and £99 for X10's is still a great deal....

Jan 29, 2010 at 2:26 PM Post #13 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I meant "imitation"
redface.gif

Sorry, not sure what you mean.

FYI - Meadowhall is a large shopping mall in Sheffield.

HMV is a store within the mall and is the UK's biggest music & DVD retailer, which is where I got them from. So no, they are definitely not fake earphones.

Buy Music CDs, DVDs, Games, Consoles, Blu Ray, MP3s & More - hmv.com - Free Delivery is the website but they aren't on offer there, in fact, they don't even sell the X10s online.

They are holding back a set for me to go and exchange tomorrow. Although they didn't take my name or anything, which is not very reassuring.

Jan 30, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #14 of 25
I swear I must have bagged one of the very last pairs available at sale price in Central London, as I bought the last pair in HMV Fulham this afternoon, after being told all the stores in the area had none in!

Cant wait to give them a good run through - and would love to hear what they sound like through my Tomahawk - though Its been said amplification does very little to improve the SQ of the X10's

Very pleased I nabbed one as some reviewers main caveat was the retail price and stating there's better to be had in the same price range - I wonder if thats now still the case with these costing a smidgin under £100?

Jan 30, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #15 of 25
I picked up a pair of X10s at Meadowhall today - I rang up yesterday and was told they had loads - this morning they only had 2 left, according to the sales assistant.

Had a brief listen, and am really happy so far
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back