klipsch Image X5's....still no solid reviews.
Dec 4, 2008 at 12:09 AM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gothamm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i just got mine today. the stress relief areas do seem a bit flimsy. But the phones themselves are extremely light. they're probably the same as the x10's. I doubt klipsch would go out of their way to make them more reinforced.

If that is true it is a bit of a disappointment as I don't like buying something for this price knowing it is likely to give me problems.

Dec 4, 2008 at 12:25 AM Post #17 of 18
ugh, my x10's comming in tonight, hopefully i dont have that problem with the cable. how do u guys treat ur cables? with a lot of care? little care? too bad the half off sale is over, maybe if i had got the x10's earlier and didnt like em, i wouldve returned them for custom 3's. but klipsch still has there return policy so yea..i guess in the end if all goes wrong, i would still get my money back. hopefully it doesnt have to be like that tho.

Dec 4, 2008 at 1:01 AM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gothamm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I could not find any in-depth info on these. A little reference here, a thread with 2 replies there, but nothing astounding. Impressions by owners would be awesomely appreciated. especially comparisons to the x10

Went through the same thing a little while ago and got a thread going along the same lines (but threw the Sleek Audio SA6 and UE Super.Fi 5 v2 into the mix).

Based on the feedback from that thread and PM'ing one the forum members owns both the X5 and X10, I went with the X10. So far, I'm really happy with them. Isolation is good, I easily get a good fit with the gels (although I find I have to use the large single flange and get a very "full" feeling in my ear canals) and I've been pretty impressed with the sound quality. I was expecting a quite compressed presentation as I've only used circum- or supra- aural headphones before, but despite the sound being quite upfront, I'm finding the separation to be comparable to my HD650s. Speaking of which, while I can tell my HD650s are providing a richer sound, the clarity of the X10s just leaves them for dead with my current source, amp, etc.. If I had to choose between them now, I'm actually not sure which I'd go for. On the downside, I have noticed some sybillance on the odd track (I'm using mainly FLAC or Apple Lossless), but it's not predictable.

BTW, the X10s seem to synergise really well with the iPhone 3G. I actually prefer using them unamped out of the iPhone than amped via my Corda Move. Out of the Move I'm finding the X10s just get a little too dark and vocals/mids seem a little too recessed (maybe because the bass overwhelms it?).

I've only used them for a couple of weeks, but I haven't seen any signs of the strain relief splitting others have encountered. It is early days though.

Having said all that, I haven't heard the X5s.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back