Klipsch Image X5 quick review and comparisons
Nov 22, 2008 at 3:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Scott549

100+ Head-Fier
Got the X5's today. They immediately made a good impression, basically what I expected after reading as much as I could about them.

I also have Head-Direct RE2's and Yuin PK2's. The X5's are head and shoulders better than the RE2's. They have a much fuller sound. Much better bass, better soundstage, and still very good detail and high end. The comparison with the PK2's is a little more difficult. I'm a fan of the PK2's. They are very easy to listen to and have very good balance. I would say that the X5's are better from a pure fidelity standpoint. They have a little more extension in the lows and perhaps a bit more detail.

Compared the Super.fi 5's and Q-Jays, which I have tried, I think the X5's are far superior to the SF5's and also better than the Q-Jays due to their better bottom end. I would say the X5's are slightly less analytical and detailed than the Q-Jays but are more pleasant to listen to.

I also had no problem immediately getting a good seal with the X's using the large single flanges.

I would encourage anyone to go for the half price deal on the X5's. They sound like a legitimate $249 earphone to me.

Nov 22, 2008 at 7:43 AM Post #2 of 3
I'm going for the X10's, they should be at a different level than the X5, and a definite steal at $175 :p

Nov 22, 2008 at 7:48 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by toxic888 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going for the X10's, they should be at a different level than the X5, and a definite steal at $175 :p

X10s are better, esp on the bass part, $175 is def a steal, remember it even come with a warrantee.

if you want it, buy it now before the deal goes away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back