Klipsch Image X10 vs. Jays Q-Jays (My initial impressions)
Sep 8, 2008 at 2:45 AM Post #31 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodSugar00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know this is likely tapping into an age-old debate, but are you sure that is just not you getting used to their sound with time a opposed to the sound ripening?

I found it an interesting experience with my X10, which I owned for a week before selling them due to the discomfort. I know that many say burn-in is not a issue with IEMs, however I swear the sound of my X10 changed after around 10 hours of use. And it wasn't due to respositioning them or using a different gel, since I had settled on a particular gel on the second day.

Anyway, at the end of the week, the bass to my ears was more muddy and bloated than when they were new and the treble had dulled a tiny bit (seemed a bit less etched). Perhaps this was my brain doing this, but perhaps it might have been the headphones as well. I just remember thinking that the ideal balance I felt they had when brand new was no longer there and it had tipped in favour of the excess bass (which clouds the rest of the spectrum) that many have complained about. It had me thinking that the correct and proper audiophile choice from Klipsch would be the X5, not the X10.

Sep 8, 2008 at 8:16 PM Post #33 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by ADD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I found it an interesting experience with my X10, which I owned for a week before selling them due to the discomfort. I know that many say burn-in is not a issue with IEMs, however I swear the sound of my X10 changed after around 10 hours of use. And it wasn't due to respositioning them or using a different gel, since I had settled on a particular gel on the second day.

Anyway, at the end of the week, the bass to my ears was more muddy and bloated than when they were new and the treble had dulled a tiny bit (seemed a bit less etched). Perhaps this was my brain doing this, but perhaps it might have been the headphones as well. I just remember thinking that the ideal balance I felt they had when brand new was no longer there and it had tipped in favour of the excess bass (which clouds the rest of the spectrum) that many have complained about. It had me thinking that the correct and proper audiophile choice from Klipsch would be the X5, not the X10.

Certainly is intersting and, as you say, I don't think you can really discern what to attribute the percieved change(s) to! You have seemingly messed around with tips and fit depths and what not so I suppose, as you can only follow your own ears and what they register, ultimately, you should move on and try, perhaps, the X5's as you've indicated. Logically, being from the same manufacturer and the same images line, they may just tweak the sound sig of the x10's more to your liking. Good luck!
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back