Klipsch Image X10 - need advice on how to seat properly
Dec 7, 2011 at 8:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

g0dM@n

New Head-Fier
Ladies and Gents,
I never thought I'd spend this much on earphones, but I had to give it a shot to know what all the fuss is about.  I've been using audiophile headphones for a bit (not the most advanced user) now with amplified audio from an X-Fi Elite setup.

Anyway, for the life of me I can't find a purely comfortable ear tip for my ears.  I tried every single one on.  Now I can definitely pick out the best ones, but I still may have some issues.

1. Is there any advice on how to do it correctly?
2. I feel like I have to really push these suckers into my ears to get the real bass quality (assuming it's related to creating a good seal)
3. I feel that I need to wrap the wire over my ear so that gravity doesn't pull the plugs out of my ears.  The problem with this is my ears are small (much smaller than avg) so unless I pull DOWN on the wires towards my hip (I keep my phone/player in my pocket) then the wire will come off my ear and then gravity eventually pulls the plugs out.

Are my ears just not fit for earphones? 
My last real attempt to a decent pair of earphones were the Shure I2C-MP.  I tried all sizes and my left ear the plug would eventually push itself out every 3-5 minutes.
Shure I2C-MP
My best experience is usually with the hook-design headphones... I see so many people using earphones and I want to also!!

Thanks in advance.

You're welcome to express your advice freely... I won't be offended.  If I'm a total newb, I'll gladly admit it as my goal here is to get these Klipsch working perfectly for me... and if not, I'd like to find the right pair for my tiny ears.

Dec 7, 2011 at 9:34 AM Post #2 of 6
I get an instant seal each time. Have you tried the large single tips?

Dec 7, 2011 at 12:40 PM Post #4 of 6
The cable and housings are both very light and I can't imagine gravity pulling them out of your ears. I too get an instant seal every time. I literally just stick them straight into my ear until I get a seal, and if I check the mirror after, I only see the black relief part. Even the smallest Klipsch gel tips don't work? 

Dec 7, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
The cable and housings are both very light and I can't imagine gravity pulling them out of your ears. I too get an instant seal every time. I literally just stick them straight into my ear until I get a seal, and if I check the mirror after, I only see the black relief part. Even the smallest Klipsch gel tips don't work? 

I'll play more with it, but my ears are not the simplest b/c they're so small.  Worst case, I was thinking I may just purchase these:
Comply TX-100 Foam Tips:
http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Image-X10-Noise-Isolating-Earphone/dp/B000WAHFBK/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Dec 7, 2011 at 1:11 PM Post #6 of 6
This is when having lots of different tips helps finding the right one. 

I've tried the T-100 comply but it actually made the housing stick out more because it's doesn't end up going as deep as when using something small like the stock tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back